6th Postcrossing Adventure to the Åland Islands - June 7-10, 2022

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Mariehamn, Åland Islands
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Several venues (details on meetup plan)
:calendar: DATE: Tue 7 June - Fri 10 June
:alarm_clock: TIME: (details on meetup plan)
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

Our traditional Åland Adventure is this year 4-day long, as it has been wished for so many years already. We will have a day trip to Föglö, an idyllic archipelago town, to which we need to take a ferry. We will also meet our Artist of the Year 2022, Niclas Nordlund. A special cancellation will be also available, as well as a custom postage stamp.

Åland Islands celebrates 100 years of its autonomy, and the main festival day will be on June 9. That day is free from other programs, so everyone can join events and happenings in Mariehamn on their own.

We will travel from Turku to Mariehamn with M/S Viking Glory, a brand new luxurious passenger ship!

There will be three meetups:

1. onboard M/S Viking Grace on Tue 7 June 9-12
  2. at Hotel Adlon, Hamngatan, Mariehamn on Tue 7 June 15-18
  3. at Restaurant Seagram, Föglö, on Wed 8 June 13-16

Full itinerary and details available online at

Registration is required (hotel and travel bookings, restaurants…).

Registration begins on Friday 11 February at 9 PM EET (Helsinki) online at

7 Likes

Finally​:heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

@FinPostcrossing
Would be happy to write with my good wishes for the meeting. Please send me a postal address.

What an amazing meeting programme! So sad I can’t join you…:slightly_frowning_face:
I hope I will receive a postcard from my lucky friends who will be there! :wink:

2 Likes

I can’t describe how happy I am to know about this amazing meeting but unfortunately, it will happen close to my birthday and I already made plans for this year.

I wish you all a very pleasant meeting and congratulations for the organization!!! :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

1 Like

Åland Islands Postcrossing Friends Association :aland_islands: also warmly welcomes everyone to the Islands of Peace! :dove:

4 Likes

This sounds so amazing! :yellow_heart:

Best wishes for your meeting! I would like to receive your meeting card. Please send me an address to which I can send an exchange card! :grinning:

I will be glad to exchange. :sparkles: My exchanger:
Ой!

Would love to swap a Brisbane, Australia Meetup card with one of yours.
Thanks in advance
Bridget Larsen
P O Box 1018
Macleay Island QLD 4184
Australia

Thank you, @leishacamden, and all who signed my card from this meeting. I am convinced you had a wonderful time, the midsommarsun alone must create a wonderful atmosphere, not to forget all the friendly postcrossers.

Stay confident, and enjoy your moments.
Stevyy

1 Like

Thank you, @LeishaCamden , for your lovely postcard! I was glad to hear you all had a great time, and I keep hoping to be able to take part in the next edition of this adventure!

Wow I had no idea that there were such things as 3-day Postcrossing MeetUps.

Thank you @teamug Chrissy for the surprise meet up card! I love that it is 3 lighthouses, which I assume the meet up all saw in real life.

The photo doesn’t show the golden lettering detail. The postcard looks so professional. Well done to the Postcrosser who design and printed it.

I marvel at all the Postcrosser’s signatures whist devouring a bowl of my home grown strawberries. Happy Summer to all! :strawberry: :strawberry: :strawberry:

5 Likes

I would like to thank @midnatsol for her beautiful card from Mariehamn.

I will be glad to exchange.))

I would like to thank @Inger71 for her meeting card with nice stamp and stickers.

1 Like

Would like to exchange the cards for Delhi WPD meetup cards 2022
Delhi meetup card 2

I will be posting them on OCT 1
Interested in this swap?
Please PM me before OCT 1!
Siddharth

1 Like

Hi everyone! Will there be 2023 trip to the Aland Islands?

I will be glad to exchange ))
https://vk.com/album20733835_278691001
https://vk.com/album20733835_278769494

I would like an exchange of postcards. are there any still available for this past event?
grazie