6 May 2023 - First Ever Syracuse Meetup

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Syracuse, NY
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: North Syracuse Community Center, 700 South Bay Road, North Syracuse NY (upstairs room)
:calendar: DATE: May 6th, 2023
:alarm_clock: TIME: 11 am-3 pm
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Hello! I will be hosting the first Syracuse NY meetup this upcoming may. It will be hosted in the upstairs room of the North Syracuse Community Center from 11a-3p. I have commissioned a card from a local artist that I’m printing copies of to sign and distribute to everyone (I will be giving the cards away for free). I would suggest bringing a name stamp or some good pens for signing. There will be light refreshments. Please feel free to bring cards or postal ephemera to trade. If you could comment to let me know if you’ll be there that would be great. I hope to see you there!

As the meetup is coming in just over a month I figured I should post an update! The card design has been completed, ordered and delivered. It looks great and I’m really looking forward to everyone seeing it. I have ordered more than enough cards for everyone to get a decent amount for swapping. I would still highly suggest a name stamp or your favorite pen for signing. I personally ordered my stamp from rubberstamps.com and it came out great. I’m also going to now keep a list of people I know for sure are attending. I have posted about this meetup on my postcard Instagram as well as the Postcrossing subreddit so I have a few people coming that are not on the forums. If you know for sure you’re attending and your name is not on this list please comment to let me know. Also if your name is on the list and you can no longer attend please let me know. Since this is the first meetup in the area it’s going to be pretty relaxed so I’m not super concerned with having an exact number of attendees as long as it’s 65 or less (max capacity of the space). As always if you have any questions feel free to comment and I’ll answer them as soon as I can!

1.Myself
2. Personal (to help with set up/tear down)
3. liaparks_paints (instagram)
4. postcard_hallow (instagram)
5. @moe2000
6. @kellymy
7. @clabeff
8. @rosylime
9. @jeannor
10. @igneousidol
11. @trillianastra
12. Sharon Rozanski-Alfone (Facebook)
13. @EasternBluebird
14. @Sashamuffy
15. @logicoverflow

With the meetup just under a week out I just want to thank everyone for the interest. Including maybes I have 24 people interested in coming which is way better than I ever could have expected. There is still plenty of room so if anyone is interested in coming last minute please let me know!

Hi there! I’m adding my list of maybes below this. I really want to make sure I have enough food/seating set up for everyone so if you’re on this list please comment to let me know if you’re coming for sure. If you’re still not 100% that’s totally fine but I just want to ensure that I have enough of everything. Thanks so much!

1. @paperglo
  2. @SeptemberLetters
  3. @721sand
  4. @jayy87dee
  5. @cindyiwei
  6. @hotdogisasandwich

This will probably be the last edit before the event: just a reminder that this is in the upstairs of the community center. I just called the parks and rec and they said there is another event happening downstairs at the same time so just head straight up the stairs when you get there (there is also an elevator if you need it). So excited to see you all!

10 Likes

Very exciting!!

Can we bring snacks/drinks to share?

1 Like

Sure thing!

I will be there!!

2 Likes

I’m super excited! I’ll be there!

1 Like

@jeannor @igneousidol heres the new post if you’re interested!

I am confirming I have that date free, if so I will be there. Anyone know where to get a good signature stamp?

1 Like

I plan to attend!!?

1 Like

No question…I plan to attend!!!

1 Like

Try exploring Etsy or Amazon for stampers. I got mine from Amazon.

Looking at the date, I’m scheduled to work a big event at my Library. If that changes I’ll reach out. (We’re getting a new manager so the event could be moved to a different date).

Wishing all who attend a fantastic time!

1 Like

Try rileyprint for stamps

2 Likes

There’s a possibility I can make it. The big event my Library has scheduled for same date is canceled. Will let you know.

1 Like

Hello, 721Sand here. I hope to attend . It is a busy weekend’ so count me as a maybe! Thanks.

2 Likes

I just got a meetup postcard in the mail today which spurred me to check the forum and how great that you’re having a Syracuse event! I plan on driving in from Rochester.

2 Likes

Two more months till the meetup! So excited!

1 Like

Same here i just recieved a meetup card and it brought me here and i would love to go its a little far of a drive for me right now but my bf has family in buffalo so i told him we could see his mom if we were to go. I hope theres going to be more meetups bc i would love to make it to one its just hard i live in the adirondacks so itd be a long drive but im willing to do it lol.

2 Likes

Riley Print on Etsy and Rubberstamps.com do great work. Not sure if they have signatures, but they do loads of stamps. I bought one from each site.

1 Like

Hey, this is Cindy, I plan to attend the event! but I’m not entirely sure if I can make it.Thanks for inviting~

1 Like

Hello! :slight_smile: Thank you for setting all of this up, how neat! I’m still quite new to Postcrossing and I’ve never been to a meetup before. I had a few questions:

• Would it be okay if I didn’t arrive right on time? I teach until 10:30/11am on Saturdays and it takes me about 1.5 hours to drive to Syracuse.
  • As far as bringing postcards to swap, how many would I bring/are there specific types of postcards required?

Thank you so much again! :slight_smile:

1 Like