5 August 2021 - [CLOSED] Back Again: Teenagers Online Meetup

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Online Meetup
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Zoom
:calendar: DATE: 5th of August
:alarm_clock: TIME: 22.00 UTC

Hey everyone!
I am so excited have another Teen Meetup! I was so busy the last months but now I have time to plan! I am looking forward to seeing some familiar faces and some new ones!

Info:
I decided to start this online Meetup for all “younger” Postcrossers. The main purpose is for us to get to know each other, and connect!
Of course everyone, no matter the age, is allowed to join, just know that the main purpose is for younger Postcrossers to connect!

Since this is an international meetup I tried to find a good timeslot.
The meeting will be on
Thursday the 5th of August
at 22.00 UTC
Time in different locations
23.00 in Berlin, Germany
01.00 in Moscow, Russia
06.00 in Bejing, China
09.00 in Sydney, Australia
14.00 in Los Angeles, USA
17.00 in New York, USA
(This time I moved the meetup 2 hours later. It’s hard to find a time that fits for everyone, but I think varying everytime is a fair thing to do. So next time the meetup will again be at another time.)

To sign-up please post in this thread and send me your email in a private message. The Invite-Link will be sent out via Email.
Please also send me your email again if you signed up last time. I will make a new list and that makes it easier.

This Meetup will be over Zoom, which is a platform that should be available to mostly everyone!

Zoom
  • · You don’t have to make a Zoom Account to attend!
  • · Either follow the link provided in the invitation or go to the Zoom website and enter the Code to join
  • · Once you have joined you will be in a waiting room and I will let you in shortly
  • · Once your officially in the meeting please add your Postcrossing Username to your Zoom handle, so everyone can recognize you
  • · While in the call please mute your microphone when you are not speaking, so that we don’t have to much background noise
  • · It may be that after 40 minutes we will all be kicked out of the session, as I am using the free version of Zoom. In that case please just log back in just like you did the first time and we can continue the meetup in no time

We will get to know each other, chat about Postcards and Postcrossing.
If you have suggestions on what we could do, please let me know! :slight_smile:

Agenda
Might change!

1. Introductions: Your name, your age, your pronouns, your location?
    1. Favorite Postcards you’ve received the past months?
    1. Let’s just chat :slight_smile:

This Meetup is planned to go two hours.

There will be postcards designed for this Meetup. I will email the design to everyone who signs up and you can print them on your own. You can either do this at home, at a local copyshop or via an online print service.

4 Likes

Oh my god !! So glad to see you again, I can’t wait to talk to you all again and meet new people !! See you the 5th of August ! :hugs:

I missed the last one, but i want to attend this one !
Lets have fun :slight_smile:

Hey guys!
Since in constrast to our full last meeting, this time only three people signed up, I have made the executive decision that is sadly wont take place. I am really sorry! Maybe we can find each other another time for a fuller meeting.

Take care, Jo

1 Like

Thank you Jo! It’s a pity. Also my daughter wanted to participate but was a too late time for us …
Take care of yourself :four_leaf_clover:

Hey Jo !
I’m very sad to hear that…
I really hope that another date can be arranged (maybe before the beginning of the school year in September?)
Anyway, thanks a lot for organizing it !!
See you soon and have a great summer !

MĂ©lissande

1 Like

May be it will be possible to make small meeting with less participants ? Thank you, Jo ! And have a wonderful summer for all !

1 Like

Hello there! If there’s one coming up I’d love to join you all!

3 Likes

Yes I agree, I would love to join in next time! Hopefully there will be another one organized.

Is there anything like that that is still happening?