4 new stamps will be released by Canada Post in September

Given that the clue for the Sept 8 release is “a novel topic” I am guessing we’ll be getting COVID themed stamps :mask:

4 Likes

I hope they’re something else other than COVID, we kind of missed the boat on that compared to the rest of the world - so where did you pick up this tidbit?

I find it strange that there isn’t a more public, longer term calendar of releases because it is not like these stamps are designed & done in a couple of months.

And especially given how few we get every year - it would be nice to know ahead of time for planning, lol

1 Like

@LC-Canada

It was made public end of July. Can’t remember the exact website I find the list in but this is what is being released in September

-Sept 8 “a novel topic”
-Sept 14 “an issue that draws the line”
-Sept 20 annual Canada Post Community Foundation release
-Sept 29 “an issue with universal appeal”

2 Likes

OMG that is maddening - what’s with the BS secrecy???

1 Like

Also, they have already released the list of stamps that will be released in 2022. I can send you the link if you want. It was in the latest edition of Details magazine. Can’t send you link to magazine but there are websites that published the info CP disclosed in the article.

The list is of course tentative and subject to change and all other caveats. There are no specific dates given for when which will be released. Just the topics.

1 Like

That would be great Barbara - yes I’ve been thinking I need to subscribe to that magazine and just trying now, the less than reliable website won’t let me complete my sign up for some reason, lol

It’s also quite hard to find - lots of things are not obvious or seem to be hidden on their site - not super accessibly designed to maximize customers finding & ordering things I find.

DMing you

Is this the source ?

https://www.rpsc.org/canadapost.htm

No, I found it. It’s this

This appears to have been updated more recently than the RPSC information but I am not sure which is correct.

1 Like

Saw this today, looking through Canada Post’s media feeds for any clues on the new stamps - so something commemorating the 100th anniversary of the poppy is coming (probably closer to Nov)

1 Like

I really want them to not screw this one up. It has the potential to be a very beautiful stamp. Let us hope they don’t give it the ol’ Victory In Europe treatment :roll_eyes:

1 Like

So haven’t seen any new stamps this week eh? So Sept 8th was a bust… :cry:

I went to the Post Office yesterday and nothing! They only told me that there will be a new issue on Sept 20, P+10 foundation stamps!

No new stamps that I can see :frowning:

I did see this, which was updated last week of August.

https://www.rpsc.org/canadapost.htm

Looks like upcoming issue after the “novel topic” is going to be cartoonists, followed by the 40th anniversary of Canada Post Foundation

Diwali and Valour Road series in October, that poppy stamp we knew was coming will be end of October.

Christmas angels, Santa, elves, and reindeer launch in November followed shortly afterwards by Chanukah

Obviously the dates will be unreliable but it’s nice to know what subjects are upcoming anyway.

1 Like

I wish I could see the pictures of the stamps that @Lady_of_Misrule linked. lol. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They don’t show you the stamps til they release them eh? And they’re pretty miserly about ANY info about them!

2 Likes

I wonder why they keep it “secret” as to what they will look like? That’s just odd to me, since the US shows you what stamps are coming up, guess I’m just used to that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d much prefer that system so I could plan my stamp buying - if I don’t really like a stamp, I won’t buy it and we have a lot fewer stamps than the US does, so it gets tricky very quickly in terms of stamp supplies.

2 Likes

Agreed. Snow mammals are gone from the website already :cry:
I’m newer to Postcrossing, and had never really paid much attention to stamps before joining, so now I’m a little dismayed to realize I need a whole stamp strategy or else I’ll be stuck sending postcards out with John bloody Turner stamps :roll_eyes:

2 Likes