4 new stamps will be released by Canada Post in September

Yeah, I’m not buying those ever - it’s a nice photo, but I’m not interested. And yes aside from the Arctic mammals being gone dammit, they also took away the coils of the crabapple stamps which were the perfect small size for postcards. The booklet versions are much bigger.

I love the Stan Rogers stamp, but it too is very big, too big really for postcards as it cuts into the address section quite a bit.

It’s tricky trying to find the right stamps in Canada for postcards!

1 Like

I was avoiding the Stan Rogers stamp as, to be honest, I’ve never heard of the man. I always feel irked when someone is hailed as a beloved Canadian icon and I haven’t even ever heard their name before. I can think of at least fifty other subjects I’d rather see on a stamp than Stan Rogers.
But I am suspecting my favourite stamps like the Bluenose and the legends of ballet are going to disappear pretty soon, and so I’m trying to look more charitably at Stan. The stamp has some pretty shades of blue, I guess…:woman_shrugging:t2:

I don’t see why the stamps issued are nearly always at the far end of the scale one way or the other……itsy bitsy or massive. I find it difficult to fit 2 or 3 P domestic stamps on a postcard but I really hate sending the tiny Far and Wide stamps, they’re just so small.

1 Like

Well he’s kind of like Gordon Lightfoot eh? lol telling stories about Canadian history but he comes from Nova Scotia, so some may not have heard of him. I love Stan Rogers!

For the Bluenose they did a 200,000 run and the ballet ones 150,000 so buy as much as you can afford to now.

I don’t mind the Far & Wide stamps, I just wished they added some new ones this year!

1 Like

It’s a bit weird that the stamps promised this month are cloaked in mystery and not materializing either. Long time since the last issue.

A tip for those looking for more variety, check out the ‘Quarterly Packs’. Basically it’s each quarter’s stamps in a larger packet, sold at face value. So, depending on the quarter, you may or may not like all the stamps in the packet but it’s the best way to find older stuff and/or get a mixture. Generally, there are older versions still available, I bought some 2016-2017 packets recently.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/shop-magasin/en/collectors-collectionneurs/quarterly-packs-albums-pochettes-et-albums.jsf

1 Like

I’m so disappointed that the new stamps aren’t being released. I was so looking forward to them.
I did get to see a preview of what the new Community Foundation stamps look like, as my PO has the advertisements for them up, and they’re very pretty. I’ll be buying a lot of them because I can see them disappearing fast.

Just realized last night crabapples have disappeared from the website :confused:

I did buy a quarterly collectors pack from 2018, and that’s good advice to buy those. I got a good amount of stamps for the money but now I’m reluctant to use them because I only have a limited number of them and I like them so much. Most of them are beautiful, especially the sharks. I love the sharks.

Hi fellow Canadians! I have a question for you about the Foundation stamps P + 10.

I was wondering how they work when using multiple stamps to calculate postage… are they worth 1.02$ each?
Then I feel like there is no donation amount, no? Do they expect people to use them mostly for Canada mail and pay a little extra for the Foundation?

Thanks! :blush:

I think the way it works is that each stamp is worth the same as a P Domestic rate stamp, you just pay extra when you buy them…so a book of 10 costs 10.20, while a book of 10 P Domestic rate stamps cost 9.20. So yes, each stamp you buy you are donating to the foundation.
I don’t just use domestic stamps for domestic mail….I usually use 2 domestic stamps for a US postcard or 3 for an international card. It only costs me a few cents extra and I think it’s worth it to be able to send a variety of nice stamps, rather than our cruddy little Far and Wide uS or International stamps.

1 Like

I’ve found a few articles saying the famous cartoonists series launches today, there will be a new stamp each day this week, beginning this week with Serge Chapleu from La Presse.

This was the only other preview I could find, honouring Bruce MacKinnon

Sat in on a webinar hosted by Canadian Stamps News & they had Canada Post’s Stamp Services Director Jim Phillips on as he is about to retire & he shared most of the list for 2022 - it will be shorter than 2021 - so here it is - not sure about the order.

Oh and there will be no usual stamp price increase in Jan 2022 - could happen later in the year.

-Black History - Jazz & Blues singers:
Eleanor Collins
Salome Bey

-Flowers - white & deep pink calla lilies

-Organ & tissue donation

-Endangered whales

-Vintage travel posters (5 of them - 1 per region)

-Indigenous leaders (1st year of 2) - 3 stamps, each one chosen by First Nations, Métis & Inuit groups

-Vintage carousels

-50th anniversary of the 1972 Team Canada hockey team

-Canadians in Flight Part 2

-Tommy Prince - Indigenous WWII hero - Remembrance Day

-Truth & Reconciliation stamp

-Queen’s Platinum Jubilee

2 Likes

Wow, just saw this notice from Canada Post - we’re getting a new stamp with musician & activist Buffy Sainte-Marie next week! Fabulous news!