3 June 2023 - Metro Atlanta Meetup

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Kennesaw, Georgia
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: JOANN Creator Space at 501 Roberts Ct. Kennesaw, GA 30144
:calendar: DATE: Saturday June 3rd
:alarm_clock: TIME: 1:00-5:00 ET
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Meet & make friends with local Postcrossers and sign/stamp as many cards as you want. Bring your go-to decorating supplies as well as stamps & addresses if you have recipients ready to go.

There will be a take some/leave some swap area with postcards, washi, stickers and anything else from the Postcrossing universe that you’d like to add.

As of yet, there aren’t any specially-designed meetup cards, but if you have a design in mind to commemorate the first metro Atlanta meetup that any of us can remember, feel free to share!

Kennesaw is a bustling college town with a little something for everyone. No shortage of retail or restaurant choices. If you’d like to make a day of it, I found a car show sponsored by Kennesaw Police benefitting Special Olympics that is taking place at Kennesaw First Baptist Church from 8:00-12:00.

4 Likes

I can’t wait! Thanks for organizing Erika!

I am so tempted to drive down from East Tennessee for this!

3 Likes

Hi Everyone! I am brand new to Postcrossing, and a bit technically challenged. Could someone please direct me to where I can sign up? Thank you.

That would be a hike, but I literally thought the same thing about the meetup in Pensacola, FL. :slight_smile: Do a search under the “explore” tab. I was pleasantly surprised how many people in my city have accounts.

1 Like

Hi! Welcome to Postcrossing! I’m viewing the forum from my phone, and there’s a rectangle that said RSVP. Once I tapped it, it changed to “going”. The rectangle is blue now. I can’t remember if it was blue before or not.

I have an Aussie/lab mix!

Hi! Thanks for the reply. I wonder since I am new & don’t have postcards registered yet, maybe it’s not allowing me the RSVP option? As there’s not one.

Awww. Aussies are the best!! Ours has just a little bit of border collie mixed in.

I figured it out! Look forward to meeting everyone!

2 Likes

Just wait until Lindsay reveals the fantastic card that she designed! It’s positively perfect!!

2 Likes

Same! I’m in East TN too. I’ve never been and it sounds so fun.

2 Likes

I’m going to drive down from the Knoxville area for the meetup! It will be my first. Is there anything special I need to bring for this?

3 Likes

WOW. I can’t believe we’re going regional! :grin: I’m bringing samples of some of my favorite washi tapes along with some postcards and stickers that I don’t see myself using, though they might be treasure to someone else. A sort of swap area? You can just bring yourself and we’ll be ecstatic to see you!

3 Likes

I’m still debating on if I will make the drive from Knoxville! I will definitely let y’all know one way or the other before June 3. I am hoping to make it, I was SO excited to see a meetup in driving distance! This is the first one I have seen in diving distance of Knoxville since I started Postcrossing last summer!

2 Likes

@thetinylibrarian I saw on a TikTok recently that there were a few others in the Knoxville area. I was thinking about trying to plan one for here but I’m VERY self-conscious about my ability to do so!

1 Like

I’m hoping to make it down from Chattanooga! We have a tournament that weekend, so I have to see the timing. I will post again, I hope!

2 Likes

I would have loved to have gone!! I’m in the restaurant industry so Friday and Saturdays are no gos for us. I wonder if you would consider Sunday to meet everyones needs? :slight_smile:

Hopefully this first go-around will be a big success and we can try for a Sunday afternoon next time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi again, Friends! The forum defaulted to GMT without me realizing, but we’ll be sticking with the time from the original description (1:00-5:00 ET).

The take some/leave some table is taking shape, and Lyndzforg designed a fabulous commemorative card! Can’t wait to meet you guys!

2 Likes

It looks like I’ll be able to make it. I don’t have the tourney brackets yet, but we start early so I should be there well before the meeting ends.

1 Like

Should we stay for the entire 4 hours, or is it ok to come for a couple of hours? What should I bring? Newbie here.

1 Like