25 May 2024 Meetup: Denver Postcard and Stamp Show

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Aurora, CO
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: The Arapahoe County Fairgrounds
:calendar: DATE: 25 May 2024
:alarm_clock: TIME: 1100-1300
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Meetup with other Postcrossers at the Denver Postcard & Paper Show in May to sign meetup cards, hang out, and shop for vintage and unique postcards, stamps, and more!

Hi everyone! I meant to do a meetup earlier, I had planned to set one up for December- but life got a little difficult for a minute there. I was able to get in touch with my contact who sets up the postcard shows throughout the year and she was more than happy to host us for a second year in a row at the Arapahoe County Fairgrounds event. Last time we had a blast and I look forward to the one in 2024! Hope to see you there! :slight_smile:

I will need to give an estimated headcount no later than 1 May so they can set up our table with the appropriate space/table/chairs. Those who will be already attending the event but will be manning a booth will not be counted towards the number of people attending as we will just be passing bundles of their cards around to be signed.

Meetup cards Depending on quantity ordered, they will be between $.15 and $.20 a piece. As the Arapahoe County Fairgrounds show also cohosts with a stamp show, the postcard will depict 2024 stamps (all the ones I could get to fit! :slight_smile: ) I will be ordering the cards April 30th!

Process of signing cards:

Prior to the meetup, I will separate card quantities for each individual person and put each bundle into its own envelope. The outside of the envelope will have who the envelope belongs to as well as a list of each person attending. These envelopes will be passed from left to right during the signing phase of the meetup, and after you have finished signing each card in the envelope, you will put a check next to your name to show that you have signed the cards in that envelope! :slight_smile: If all goes well, by the time you get your card back, all names will have been checked off of the list. If you are late, don’t worry about it- we will pass your bundle around the table as well, you will just have quite a bit of signing to do once you arrive! :joy: If something comes up, please feel free to send me a quick message through Postcrossing or a text- I will be keeping an eye out for either, just in case!

What will we be doing?

• Spending time with awesome, like-minded people from our Postcrossing community!
  • Swapping postcards and signing our meetup cards!
  • Shopping together for unique and vintage postcards and stamps.
  • Share our Postcrossing stories!

Items to bring to the meetup:

1. Postage stamps
  2. Postcards to exchange/send out after meetup
  3. Rubber stamps/pen/markers to sign meetup cards
  4. Washi tapes, stickers, fun decorations for your cards
  5. Envelope/folder to safely bring your meetup cards back home
  6. A jacket! (Just in case it’s chilly inside of the building!)
  7. Money for entrance fee into the postcard show- more information can be found here: denverpostcardshow.com/home.html. It looks like entry will cost between $4 and $5.

Those who have attended meetups in the past:

1. @snailmailkait
  2. @emilysunflower
  3. @yobriannas
  4. @VMinakawa
  5. @Mopothoper
  6. @ShadZ & Beth
  7. @Pstcrdldy
  8. @EJGorski
  9. @Cachefan
  10. @moxymaven
  11. @karissaplans
  12. @wanderfrolics
  13. @munkymar
  14. @Honalee
  15. @LeftyLydia
  16. @in_8916
  17. @kristencat
  18. @Nolablue
  19. @SantaFeJo
  20. @adrimarti
  21. @Musiclover79
  22. @mrtsv

Those who will be attending the May 2024 meetup:

1. @snailmailkait (20 cards)
  2. @wanderfrolics (20 cards)
  3. @karissaplans (30 cards)
  4. @Mopothoper (25 cards)
  5. @Cachefan (20 cards)
  6. @WillowRaylis (20 cards)
  7. @Pstcrdldy (25 cards)
  8. @CrimsonKing (20 cards)
  9. @HoosierWyomingite (20 cards)
  10. @LeftyLydia (20 cards)
  11. @EJGorski (15 cards)
  12. @Musiclover79 (30 cards)
  13. @jrowley (25 cards)
  14. @jabigalke (10 cards)
  15. @Tracy-CO (25 cards)
  16. @TabithaCO (25 cards)
  17. @munkymar (20 cards)
  18. @Highlander18 (20 cards)
  19. @mteton (10 cards)
  20. @carried_away (10 cards)
  21. @ShadZ & Beth (15 cards)

Tentative for now:

1. @yobriannas (20 cards)

Unable to make it but ordering cards:

1. @sending_serendipity (20 cards) WY
  2. @antoniaseagull (25 cards) CO
  3. @drunkraisinsncoffee (10 cards) CO

Total number of cards: 500. Claimed - 500. Cost of cards= $0.17

5 Likes

Woohoo! :smiley: Last year’s was a lot of fun and I’m planning to attend this one, too!

2 Likes

I’m in!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Kaitlyn - Like last year, I will have a booth set up at the show but hopefully, I won’t be too busy on Saturday so I can at least stop by the table and say hello to everyone!!

Once again, I will have boxes of 25 cent cards for people to “shop” from. I will also have my regular inventory of individually priced vintage cards.

I look forward to seeing familiar faces as well as new faces!!
Thank you for all you do to organize these events!!! You do a great job!

Dede (pstcrdldy).

2 Likes

Hi, Kaitlyn!
I’m looking forward to attending your sweet Meetup again. I hope to have my stamper made by then. :smile:
Thank you for all you do!
Tammy in Elbert, CO

1 Like

Hi Kaitlyn! Really enjoyed attending last year and looking forward to seeing everyone again this year. Thanks for doing this!
Joan/Cachefan

2 Likes

Hello. Not sure I can make this one as I am not sure where I will be. I do just want to say thank you to @snailmailkait and @Pstcrdldy for sending me postcards the past couple months. They have been received. Hope you all have a great rest of your year and happy 2024!

1 Like

Hello! I haven’t been to a meet up before. I would like to attend. I’ll have to keep track of my schedule and see if everything aligns. I don’t currently have anything planned for May 25. It should work out. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m going to tentatively put myself down, only because I’m still waiting for confirmation for work if I’ll be able to go to a conference that’s set during the week before. Even if I don’t go, definitely want some cards! Put me down for 20. Thanks Kait :heart:

2 Likes

Hi Kaitlyn -

I LOVE the design of the card!!! I think it’s my favorite so far! Very colorful!! I’d like to be put down for 20, please. I didn’t see name on the list of attendees but think I should be able to work something out so I can have someone cover my booth.

Thank you again for all you do to organize these meet-ups!!

Dede

4 Likes

Could you put me down for 20 cards please. Thanks for organizing this! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Count me in please, with 20 cards. I have family in CO and I’ll plan a visit around this time. :smiley: Excited to see my family and you all there, thank you so much!

:bangbang: Does anyone have last year’s card?? I would love to swap for it. :bangbang:

2 Likes

So excited to see this…I haven’t been to a meetup since I moved to Cheyenne from the Tampa area two years ago! Please put me down for 20 cards, and I look forward to seeing you all there!

5 Likes

Hi Kait!

I’m not sure if I’ll be able to attend or not, but I would LOVE for this to be my first Postcrossing Meet-up. I’ll keep you updated and let you know by May 1st if I’ll be there or not.

Either way — please put me down for 20 postcards! Thanks so much for all you do!

2 Likes

Hi!
I would love to come to the meetup. It’s been a while since I could make it so I am looking forward to seeing you all. The card design is a great idea. Please put me down for 20.
@munkymar thanks for the cards from last autumn’s meeting! That was so kind of you to send them. Beer really does make me happy so I had to have one of those cards.
@CrimsonKing I am so excited to finally meet you. I’ll bring past meetup cards in case you want some.
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Lydia

PS my husband Lee will be joining us. He’s not in postcrossing but he does like meeting people.

4 Likes

@Tracy-CO the Denver meet up for this year! Are you interested?

1 Like

Hi Kaitlyn!

I’m excited to attend the Postcrossing meetup again! It was so fun last time. You can put me down for 30 cards.

Thank you!

2 Likes

I would like to join! I am relatively new and this will be my first meetup. Those cards look great! Can I get 25? :smiley: how do we reimburse you for cards?

2 Likes

I’m planning on being there and I’ll take 10 cards if available still. Thanks! ~ Jay

1 Like

Hey Antonia! :hugs:
You can either bring cash or venmo/cashapp/paypal me at the meetup! Whatever works for you!

2 Likes