25 March 2023 - Spring Postcrossing Meetup in Warwick, Rhode Island

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Warwick, Rhode Island.
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Brewed Awakenings Coffee House: 1316 Bald Hill Rd, Warwick, RI 02886
:calendar: DATE: Saturday, March 25th, 2023
:alarm_clock: TIME: 11am-1:30pm EST
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:
This is my third Postcrossing Meetup! Each Meetup gets bigger and bigger. Maybe this one we’ll see some new faces, too?!

This location is a cafe/restaurant that sells hot drinks, cold drinks, pastries, sandwiches, soups, and salads. It is a spacious establishment, so there should be some room if we get a bigger turnout.
As usual, we will sign Meetup cards, write out postcards, chat with our new friends, and play a few games! The official Meetup card is posted in the comments.
I would like to play a few games and write out more postcards this time :slight_smile: The most fun part about meetups for me is meeting everyone and engaging in our shared love of postcards. <3

Don’t forget to bring plenty of postcards, stamps, pens, washi tape, stickers, etc. I think the closest “blue box” is next to At Home, about 10 minutes away.

POSTCARD ROULETTE:
Everyone, please bring with you at least 3 “trash” postcards, or postcards you’d like to get “rid of.” We will be playing roulette with these postcards by choosing numbers! We might play another little game if time allows.

Over the next two months, please keep me updated on your RSVPs.

I will do my best to keep this updated if any changes are to occur in the future.

4 Likes

So exciting! I am originally from (just) south of Boston, but have lived in CT for 25 years. This would be my first meetup if I am able to make it happen. :smiley:

My concern is transportation. Are the any attendees that may be traveling through CT, that I can car-pool with?
(I am disabled from a car accident (still healing and am on crutches, so unfortunately using public transportation would be rather difficult for me).

Thanks, and I hope I can make it!

…Judi

1 Like

Oh, how wonderful! I would love this to be your first meetup.
I really hope someone will be able to pick you up. I’m so sorry about the car accident. Hope to see you there!

1 Like

Looking forward to attending this. I am in Cranston. See you there!

1 Like

Yay, can’t wait to meet you!

Sign me up! I will be there. Just met you today at my FIRST meetup. - Garry

1 Like

Yay, Garry! See you then.

@kristencat hi! Here is the meetup. Let me know if you’re able to attend when we get closer to March. :slight_smile:

Hello,
A few people have expressed concern over the meetup postcard limit. It was just an idea of mine because at my last meetup, signing was getting in the way of everyone’s enjoyment.
I do not have a number at the moment. If someone is willing to take the responsibility of designing and printing the postcard, then they will decide. I would assume there would be the usual total of ~200 for everyone to share. I’m still waiting on someone to design the postcard, so we’ll see what happens.
I appreciate your interest, as you are pretty far away from RI!

My husband and I live in Newport about 100 years ago!!! We would go up there and make a vacation out of it.

1 Like

Oh, how nice!
I just updated the post above. The postcard limit really comes down to the designer, after all. Attendees have their different reasons for attending meetups. My intention was just to focus on engaging with one another than signing so much. But I totally understand what you mean. Keep this meetup in mind… :slight_smile:

@AprilSun66 I am hoping to be able to attend this meet! If I can go I’ll be coming from CT, I can most likely pick you up on the way!

1 Like

Hi Emma,
Oh! that would be wonderful!. I’ve been want to attend a meet-up for so long. This will be great if we can make it work out for us.

Let’s keep in touch the closer we get to the date.

Also, I should mention that my daughter is pregnant and due on March 26th. This may prevent me from going. But, fingers crossed.

Thanks again,
Judi

1 Like

I lived in Warwick a couple years ago (: I’d love to come down from Maine, but I’m gonna let y’all know closer to the date!

Also just wanted to say there is a blue mailbox at 875 Centerville Road (it’s an office complex and the blue box is under a little gazebo when you pull in). It’s a 15 minute walk from Brewed Awakenings, and driving it’s on the way to i95 if anyone’s coming from out of state.

1 Like

I’ll put this on my calendar as a possibility, but please don’t consider this a definite RSVP. I’d take the train to Westerly or Providence and figure out how to make a weekend out of it.

I think 200 is a good high limit for cards; that gives the opportunity for everyone to take 20. My experience has been that most people don’t want that many, and that 10 per person is more the average. Always a challenge this part is; cost goes down if you order in volume, but it is hard to have a solid idea of attendee numbers, regardless of expressed intent via RSVP. Being stuck with an extra 50 or 100 cards is no fun either.

At any rate, best of luck with it!

1 Like

Hi Ashley. I am sorry, but I won’t be able to make it to this meet up. I have a friend coming in from out of town the same weekend. Hope it’s a lot of fun!

1 Like

It looks like I can travel to Rhode island in march. I will be staying in Newport and I will drive to Warwick for the meetup. I sent a personal message to ashcubes about meetup cards.

1 Like

Hello everyone!
My sister designed this meetup postcard for us! I absolutely love it. It’s a bunch of fish sending out postcards under the sea!

I will be ordering cards very soon. Please let me know how many you are willing to purchase. I’m thinking 200-250.

6 Likes

That card is beautiful!

2 Likes

What a great card!

I’ll be buying 15.

1 Like