25 February 2023 - Montclair California Meetup (SoCal)

Hi Postcrossers,

Our shipment of postcards have arrived. They look great! Ive tested one out, it takes stamps well and does not seem to bleed. Ive been busy packing them up for us. @Kristi-D and I have included some small goodies in there as a thank you for joining us at the meetup! See you all soon!

Van

5 Likes

Her name is Yuan. Thank you so much!

1 Like

Hereā€™s a picture of the Montclair Place food court where weā€™ll meet. The long table seats 16 and there are smaller adjacent tables. There is also a redundant setup, just out of the picture, to the left. The food court venders open at 11am, but the Food Court entrance (Moreno Streetā€“upper parking lot) opens for walkers at 10am. We have the blessing of mall management and Van and I will arrive early. There is a variety of food, including Tacos, Chicken , Poke bowls, other Asian food and Ice Cream. Just downstairs is Starbucks, which seems to open around 10:30. Iā€™ll put together a map and post that soon. Looking forward to spending time with our growing group of Inland Empire meetup friends!

7 Likes

Wow! I am so excited about making it to the meetup.
the packaging looks fantastic by the way! :slight_smile: well done!

2 Likes

@hulamunki - Thanks Mali, i got your payment. see you in a few weeks!

2 Likes

I will be driving over from La Quinta, CA. Please reserve 30 postcards for me.
Lynne

1 Like

Hey Hey, I would like to attend this awesome meetup as well. Please put me down for 10 cards <3 Absolutely love the postcard design for the meetup, canā€™t wait to see you guys all again. Thanks, Geetika

3 Likes

omg I need to save the packaging and remove it really carefully HAHA Gonna bring my tweezers! Thanks for the beautiful lettering on them!

2 Likes

@geetikasinha7 so happy you can join us! Kristi and I will need to ā€œupā€ our meetup game. The Pasadena meetup was epic! We will also have a free pile if you still have any leftover from the last meetup. See you in a few weeks!

2 Likes

@catandmouse @wtcelesta @swan Noted that some of you may not be able to rely on your transportation out to the meetup. Just wanted to let you know that we are almost out of our pre-ordered postcards. We have about 20 cards left. Chances of them still being available at our meetup date are probably slim. We still want to welcome all of you to the meetup. If you are able to make it, feel free to bring your own postcards to stamp/sign. If we have no-shows or extras, you are welcomed to them.

I will prepare extra goodie bags just in case and some other attendees may have items they would like to share as well. I know @llmike007 wanted to share some Postcrossing stickers that he had made for our last meetup. Hope to see you guys in a few weeks!

Van

2 Likes

Hello,

Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™ll be able to make it, hence why I didnā€™t order cards even though they are nice.
I am tentatively attending, though.
If anyone has 1 card from this meetup to spare for my personal collection though, Iā€™d like one.

Thanks and hoping to see you guys then.

-Catandmouse.

3 Likes

hi @catandmouse if you want to private message me your name and address, I can send one out to you after the meetup!

v

2 Likes

Thank you, Van for the shout-out! Just a small clarification, the stickers are generic (not Postcrossing themed) but they are cute! :smiley:
Hope to see you guys if you can make it. Thanks again Van for putting this together!!

~Mike

2 Likes

Hello! I know im a bit late here, but would it be possible for me to join in still? Iā€™ve never been to a meet up before but this is local enough, id like to gain experience.
I know I wont have custom meet up cards but maybe I can bring some from my home?

2 Likes

hi @plantsinapot so glad you can make it. We are a friendly group and love meeting new faces.

We still have 20 cards available. Would you like to order 10 for now? Iā€™d like to leave some for other participants that may register late. If there are any available on meetup day, you can order more (if you like). Or, if you prefer, you may bring your own postcards to sign.

If you donā€™t have a signature stamp or sticker, I highly recommend looking into getting one. Otherwise hand signing is great too as long as you do not mind signing hundreds of cards.

Lastly, I am preparing small goodie bags, would you like for me to write it as ā€œPlants in a Potā€ or would you prefer another name?

Looking forward to meeting and chatting with you!

1 Like

I would love to purchase some cards from you! I will be able to pay at the time of the event. Please reserve 10 for me :slight_smile:
I will be able to make a stamp for my username in the meantime, so thank you for the heads up!!
And for my name, Mikeas, please.

1 Like

Hi Mikeas,

Happy you can join. Since itā€™s your first time, one last thing about the stamp. When you go to meetups, most likely there will be a lot of stamping and signing. The smaller the stamp the better. I would say 1in or smaller would be perfect.

I will get your packet together today!

2 Likes

Hello :slight_smile:
I would love to swap this meetup postcard!
My offer is from Rio de Janeiro Meetup:

The meetup will be next saturday (feb 11), here.

Please contact me, if you are interested :blush:

Thank you :blossom:

3 Likes

That would be fun!
Send me your address!

1 Like

Hi @Vandelion I had a doubt about the postcard, is the front uncoated matte?