23.-24.September 2022 - Geocrossing Meeting in Kassel

I lokking forward to meet you in Kassel. :slight_smile: I might bring some homemade cookies for saturday :cookie:

1 Like

Even @EttaHenry is going to participate? :hugs: What a pity I cannot join, but I wish you lots of fun all together!

3 Likes

@manuchka, the outlook for my being there is doubtful, but I’m refusing to give up. My bone graft surgery last month is not healing well, lots of complications, but I’m holding out hope that it could change at the last minute. The surgeon will give me the final word on whether I can go or not when I see him on Sept. 12 – and I will let you know as soon as I find out. Of course, they will need to fit me with another set of fake teeth so I won’t scare anyone! I know the chances of my being able to be there are much less than they were even 2 weeks ago, but just hoping for it is giving me a much-needed boost to my spirits-- and who knows? It just may happen! Meanwhile, @taebbig, if the places fill up, please give my spot to someone else who wants it. I would feel terrible if I ended up not being able to go, and then someone who wanted to go, could not do so because it is full. I have picked out the flights and hotel I want, but if the surgeon says “No way” I will just tell myself that I will come to another meetup someday…meanwhile, hope is therapeutic! I really believe that! :wink: :sunny:

4 Likes

I keep my fingers crossed for you being able to take your flight and meet the bunch of geocrossers. And next time I want to be part of the game, too (although I am not an active geocacher - I will just team up with somebody then).

2 Likes

Hello again :slight_smile: @DaniSmit had the idea of crafting together and I think it’s a wonderful idea. I’ll quote her here:

Of course it’s not obligatory, but everyone who wants can join us. I’ll bring a few things with me for sure :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great idea. I will bring some stuff with me.

Another question
Is someone interested in meeting cards?
I’ve made a design.

0,79 per card

1 Like

Great design! I’d take 10 cards :smiley:

If I made the design without frame and order 50 or 100 it could much cheaper

Great! I’d take 20 cards please :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve ordered 50 with frame and 50 without frame. I hope that the quality is good. We will see.

Perhaps I have many cards for “Fehlkauf RR” :grin:

2 Likes

Hello everyone, i have just returned from the oral surgeon’s office and I have to give you the sad news that there is no way I can come. The upper bone graft (in the roof of my mouth) has just not been healing well and even in a best case scenario, it will be another 4 weeks before they can fit me for some prosthetic teeth. We have to wait for the gum to close over the bone or they may have to remove the graft. I was really hoping to be there and now I will just start dreaming about some future (as yet unknown) meet up. Meanwhile thanks for including me, it has been fun to look into the flights and hotels and now I know a lot about another place in Germany I hope to visit someday!
Wish me luck,
Julia

1 Like

Dear Julia, such bad news for your health and for our meeting. I wish you all the best

1 Like

Oh dear, that‘s such a pity.
But I‘m sure we‘ll meet one day.
Best wishes for your recovery!

1 Like

Too bad you cab’t join us. Please get well fast and then there sure will be another meet up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds like fun: geocaching + postcrossing :heart_eyes::partying_face: Unfortunately it‘s too far away… :cry: Have a great time!

Oh, so sad :sob: Get well soon and I hope to meet you at another meeting!

1 Like

@KONSUE Look here :arrow_up:

@-Janne- If there are some cards left I’d be interested in buying 20 :smiley:

1 Like

I would also like to come to the meeting.

5 Likes