22 October 2022: SAN FRANCISCO meetup!

:world_map: CITY/REGION: San Francisco, CA
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: North Beach Public Library Meeting Room: 850 Columbus Ave (upper level, elevator available), San Francisco, CA 94133
:calendar: DATE: Oct 22, 2022
:alarm_clock: TIME: 1pm - 3pm
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:
boba.postcards SF PC Meetup 3rd anniversary meetup

We will have a designed postcard for the event. We will sign the postcards.

There are a table for postcards sharing and a raffle during the event.

Not sure about the weather or air condition in October. We requested and confirmed the reservation of the library meeting room (capacity for 50 people) for an indoor meetup! (Let’s hope that the COVID thing is in a lull by then! We will follow whatever local mask, etc. mandates are in place.)

We have a newsletter and a landing page to describe what Postcrossing and our group do:
https://mailchi.mp/6b9b30e53c18/sfpcmeetup

Pre-order at (Submit one response please, you may change your answers with the same email address till Oct 1):
https://forms.gle/msSgP5PSkKpWye1Z7

The library policies do not allow food and drink in the meeting room. There is a park called Joe DiMaggio Playground right across the library that has some picnic tables. We also encourage the attendees to pay by Venmo or in advance for the printing of postcards, as there is no cash transaction allowed inside the library. We may have someone downstairs by the library to collect cash for cards.

If there is enough interest and demand, we can walk to Chinatown to get boba drinks after the meetup.

North Beach library is opposite Lombard St where you can see the crooked street on our meetup card. There are some parking spots nearby at Fisherman’s Wharf. Portsmouth Square Garage at Chinatown is also an option. Or else, you can also take Muni Bus 30(Outbound to Crissy Field), 8 (Outbound to Fisherman’s Wharf), or cable car to get there. Get off at Columbus Ave & Mason St. The library is in front of you. You can also take bus 45 and take a short walk from Washing Square (Union St & Columbus Ave) to get there. If you take Bart, you can get off at Montgomery and transfer to a Muni bus. Alternatively, you can get off at Powell to take a cable car towards Fisherman’s Wharf.

The closest post office for the meetup is at Washington Square (1640 Stockton St, opens on Saturday 9:30 AM–1 PM) Another nearby post office is in Chinatown (867 Stockton St, opens on Saturday 9 AM–4:30 PM).

North Beach is nicknamed little Italy of San Francisco. There are many pizza joints (e.g. Golden Boy Pizza)and restaurants nearby. XOX truffles is a celebrated shop for handcrafted French chocolate in unique flavors & liqueur-infused varieties. Graffeo Coffee Roasting Co is a venerable coffee spot serving espresso, plus whole & ground small-batch roasted coffee beans. Lola Card Stop is a local favorite for greeting cards and gifts. Lombard St is a spectacular crooked Street featured on scenic postcards.

Chinatown is within walking distance (15 min or a short bus ride) of dim sum, boba drinks, and Asian food. Grant Avenue in San Francisco, California, is one of the oldest streets in the city’s Chinatown district. It runs in a north–south direction starting at Market Street in the heart of downtown and dead-ending past Francisco Street in the North Beach district. You may get touristy postcards at Grant Ave.

6 Likes

I’ll be there.
Michele Francis

1 Like

I will be there too!

1 Like

I wi;l be there too. Let me know when we can order postcards.

Thank you, Amy

1 Like

I will be there! Looking forward to meeting everyone! :rainbow: :bubble_tea:

1 Like

I hope to be there as well! -Julia

1 Like

I will be there.

Will it be possible to pay in advance by check? If so, please include info as to where the check should be mailed.

Thanks in advance!

Linda F. / LiFi

2 Likes

Looking forward to the meetup! Thanks for organizing. Priscilla

1 Like

Ill do my best to make it! I can try to take off work. Never been to a PC meet up, so im excited! :yellow_heart:
~Sierra

1 Like

I’ll be there and I’m also interested in ordering a few postcards. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

1 Like

I traveled from LA to SF for the meetup this April. I’ll try to attend this one too.

2 Likes

In case anyone is wonder, this library is totally wheelchair accessible. They have an elevator and the meeting room and restroom is accessible by wheelchair!

1 Like

I’ll try to be there, too!

1 Like

I’m planning on going and I’d like to order some postcards, too. Excited to meet everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll be there and we DEFINITELY need to grab boba together afterwards!

2 Likes

Hopefully I’ll be able to make it!

1 Like

I’m planning to attend.

1 Like

Postcard front side

Postcard back side

8 Likes

I’ll be there!

1 Like

Would like to exchange these meetup cards for Delhi WPD meetup cards 2022
Delhi meetup card 2