22 May 2022 - How about an NYC meetup?

Wonderful! You stepped in to do the work so you get bragging rights. And thanks for that!

If there’s anyone who doesn’t like it, they should step up for next time. :smiley:

4 Likes

I think this card is AMAZING! I would LOVE to buy a bunch! May I?

Ok folks, as mentioned earlier, being unsure of attendance, a small number of meet-up cards were ordered. My plan is to provide a few meet-up cards to each attendee.

You want more you say! No problem, I’ll order more.
If you want additional meet-up cards do PM me the following or tell me at the meet-up.
Postcrossing name
Real name
Mailing address
Number of cards you want

Once I determine how many postcards need to be ordered, I can determine cost per card. Payment will be via Paypal.
Each person who requests more cards will get a PM from me stating their cost and the Paypal information. After I receive the cards from the print company, I will mail them to you.
If you forget to PM me, that’s OK. Let me know at the meet-up.

New avatar picture. That’s me – in NYC last month. (Note, my glasses are dark because of being outside).

Look for me at the postcard show and/or the meet-up.

Barbara

2 Likes

Can I get one of your meetup cards please?

Ooh I’m glad I popped in to check on the meeting time! The postcard show sounds great. Since I have the concert that evening (if anyone is seeing Orville Peck, we can go together!) that will help me limit my spending since I don’t want cards getting harmed at the show :slight_smile:

Looking forward to this! I will be the tall woman with tattoos, I have a picture in my profile but the wolf dog won’t be with me lol

1 Like

See you there!

1 Like

Looking like we’re in for some thunderstorms starting around 4pm tomorrow - so plan your card protections accordingly!

I hope to attend! I have purple hair now, so that should be relatively easy to spot!

Looking forward to seeing everyone. In about 10 minutes, I’m leaving my home for the train station. The plan is I’ll be at the show when it opens – shop, lunch, then meet-up at 3

Can’t wait to meet you all!

I won’t be able to make it into the city, the next few days are going to be very busy/tiring and I should probably get some rest. But I hope you have fun and I hope to come to the next NYC one :slight_smile: :heavy_heart_exclamation: Will definitely see you all at the NJ meetup in Oct :smiley:

Sorry we’ll miss you - Ivan totally relate. Looking forward to meeting you in October!

I’m in the city for my daughter’s college graduation and am just now catching up on the messages for the meetup today. (It’s been busy.)

Thank you for making such a wonderful card. Looking forward to meeting you all. Confirming rendezvous area and time: 3 p.m. at show entrance?

Cannot believe I’m here in New York for this show. My first, too. And my first meetup. Thank you for organizing!

1 Like

I probably won’t be there before 3, as I’d like to be out of this heat for as long as possible! But I am looking forward to meeting everyone. I’ll be in a black tank top and grey shorts, tattooed and wearing clear glasses, carrying a small green backpack.

I am just inside, behind the registration table in a blue embroidered shirt for anyone else a little early!

Lovely meeting everyone today!

2 Likes

It was fun to meet some fellow postcrossers and share this hobby, and also to see what a postcard show is all about. I interacted with several dealers who had never heard of this. A couple sounded very interested and a couple were a bit scornful of the idea that someone would dare to send their beloved old postcards through the mail instead of collecting them - even the cheap ones. I even wrote down the URL for a couple folks.

Thanks for the meetup cards & signatures, for showing your interesting postcards (bought and received), and for sharing tips about signature stamps, places to shop, etc.

2 Likes

It was such a treat to meet all of you. I still cannot believe my good fortune to be in NYC at the same time you all decided to meet up.

Thank you, G, for suggesting the original meetup, and thank you, Barb, for your organizational super power that got this card made for us all.

Keep on making the world a friendly village full of kind-hearted people.

I will have to figure out how to send messages. If anyone is interested, I’d be happy to send you a postcard. My name on Postcrossing is setvogel.

Be well,
Sarah E Vogel

3 Likes

So great meeting everyone yesterday. A big thank you to Barb for doing everything that you did, for being so organized, and for setting up the next meet up!

3 Likes

We had discussed public domain and open source art for homemade cards and I have pinned a bunch of stuff in Pinterest. Here are a couple of links:

Enjoy!

2 Likes