22 May 2022 - How about an NYC meetup?

W/S Written/Stamped
B/E Blank in envelope
W/E Written in envelope

The quarter boxes is mostly w/s thus I spend my time going through the boxes looking for blank cards.

Meet-up cards are common. Not mandatory.

2 Likes

I’d love to join you all!! Is it too late to sign up for the postcard show? If not, I’ll probably get into the city around 11am :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there! It’s definitely not too late. We’re all just gonna meet at the postcard show at 3 o’clock.

How will we all know who we are? Any ideas? I have blonde hair and glasses and I’m a woman so maybe just look for me at 3 o’clock at the entrance to the show.

2 Likes

That works! I’ll browse around the city/show before we all meet at 3. Maybe we can start a group message when it gets closer to the date with confirmed postcrossers?

3 Likes

I’m planning to come. Sorry for chiming in on the late side but I’ve just been on a trip and wasn’t able to check Postcrossing often. I’m back, really enjoyed sending both some official and some lottery & tag game cards from my travels, and will bring a postcard from one of those countries to swap.

This will be my first ever postcard show, as well as my first in-person Postcrossing meetup. I’d be happy to look for / wear a badge or sign or something to make sure I find the group. Otherwise, please look for a very short, plump woman with grey hair in a bun and drag me in. :smiley:

Same as one or two others, I’ll be taking the train into the city.

I’d love to have a meetup card and happy to contribute towards the cost.

3 Likes

I wish I was going to be home! I have never been to a card show or meetup either! I’m pretty sure I can’t make it. I’m due in at Penn Station on Amtrak later in the afternoon. Oh, I hope another meeting can be arranged! I just met another Postcrosser on Tuesday. I received his card by mistake. He lives at the other end of my block so I asked it down. Have a GREAT TIME!

2 Likes

we can def do another meetup, plus there’s another postcard show in November!

2 Likes

I have to make the November show! My friend in Los Angeles told me about the postcard show she’s going to this weekend. I had no idea so I figured NYC had to have something, too. Then I found these posts! I’m crazy excited! I couldn’t fall asleep last night!:joy: I’m putting my family on notice NOW for November!

2 Likes

Hello from Southern California. Obviously, I will not be able to attend, even though I enjoy attending meetups. This month I traveled from Los Angeles aria to San Diego (2 hour drive) to attend a meetup. Anyway, I’m writing this as my birthday falls on May 22nd. Wondering if someone attending would send me one of your meetup cards. I will be happy to reciprocate. Please send me a DM asking for my address. -gmansocal

1 Like

Absolutely. Dm your address to me and we can send you a card.

No, not too late. Just pay the admission fee.

1 Like

Enjoy. This year, I can not attend the November show.

Contact me next week and I can tell you about May’s show.
Barb

1 Like

Looking forward to meeting everyone at the meet-up.
You’ll find me in the show prior to the meet-up.

I plan to bring my own chair for sitting in front of the vendors. A cane/seat (Learned at a previous show, chairs at the vendor tables sometimes may be difficult to get).
So look for a woman carrying around a cane/seat.

I have short hair, glasses, 5ft 3in tall. Mid 50s I’ll be the one with the meet-up cards.

2 Likes

Hi,
I wonder if there is a “meet-up” postcard for this event?
Thanks,
Johnson Gao

1 Like

I think I’ll be able to run in on Sunday! My train gets in at 3:45 (if I’m on-time). It looks like I am literally across the street!

My friend here at school was interested in going to the meet up. Are you guys meeting on Saturday?

Yes, I did create one.

The train station is close to the New Yorker.
Exit the train station at the 8th ave exits.
Barb

1 Like

This is the meet-up card.
I ordered 50 because unsure of the attendance.
The plan is to provide each attendee a few meet-up cards.

Be kind, this was my first meet-up card that I created. No photo because I did not have any NYC photos of my own and I did not want to infringe on any copyrighted photo.

5 Likes

I would love to be there, but I only have a short weekend on May 22 and I live in Massachusetts. Thank you for the event and I hope I could come next time. Have a wonderful time:)

3 Likes