22 July 2023 - Meetup – US Postal System’s Birthday – Philadelphia, PA!

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Philadelphia, PA
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Lilly’s Ferry, 10 S Front St, Philadelphia, PA
:calendar: DATE: July 22, 2023
:alarm_clock: TIME: 10:30 am (Eastern time)
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

Welcoming all Postcrossers, local or visiting, to join us on Saturday July 22, 2023. We will be celebrating Postcrossing, the birthday of the US Postal Service (established on July 26, 1775) and Ben Franklin, our first Postmaster General.

We will meet up at a nearby café - Lilly’s Ferry, 10 S Front St in Philadelphia - at 10:30 am. There will be cards, there will be laughter, there will be signing of cards, there will be fun! If you have cards to swap, bring them too. We are hoping to host the Little Mail Carriers for even more fun.

We will eat an early lunch, then walk over to the B. Free Franklin Post Office on Market Street, the only place to get the official B. Free Franklin cancellation, which looks like this:

Then we will walk around the corner, passing through the site of Franklin’s home, to the Benjamin Franklin Museum (optional) and finish up by 2:30.

RSVP is required if you’re interested in attending. The café has limited seating so we will limit it to 25. (Late notice - since we are already beyond that number I will be speaking to the manager - there’s a really good chance we can increase our number so please let me know if you want to be added to the waitlist.) How to RSVP - To RSVP, click on the little box that looks like this
up at the top of the thread. If waitlist - hit Reply down below to be added in!

Here is our design for the card:

So far, attending:

1. Eta55
  2. TwasBrillig
  3. logicoverflow
  4. breeze2902
  5. Aliengirl
  6. Lorie15
  7. redpanda_postcards
  8. cafeconleche
  9. billliuyc
  10. nihilistdeath
  11. Citrine28
  12. Debbie Pos
  13. jenns314
  14. _lee
  15. milkytea
  16. JazzyRose81689
  17. VitaLynne
  18. Baron
  19. Chilljill
  20. Heather
  21. steviegeee
  22. marybeergarden
  23. PhillyGal
  24. ceefiore

Waitlist:

1. (approved to move up) olympichaven
  2. (approved to move up)
20 Likes

What a wonderful Postcrossing Meetup you are hosting @TwasBrillig! Love your postcard.

2 Likes

I’m a solid MAYBE. My plans that weekend are a bit up in the air, but I’m in DC!

1 Like

Yay! I’ve been looking for a weekend to visit the Philly Zoo again and this one fits in my schedule. My hotel is booked so I’ll see you there :grin:

1 Like

What a beautiful postcard and what a beautiful cancellation! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: Can we swap? I can offer: tourist postcards, meetup cards, Unesco sites cards, GF or FOTW of Italy, or something to agree. Thanks!
(M.Grazia - Melody1)

I’ve arranged, thank you very much.

2 Likes

If I wasn’t scheduled to work that day, I certainly would be going!
Wishing all a great time. Enjoy!
Barbara/BPLUM

1 Like

Amazing!! I live in the area, so will definitely attend! RSVP’d!

1 Like

Yes attending. Arriving from out of town.

1 Like

I tried clicking on the rsvp box, nothing happened.

Never mind it worked.

1 Like

Yay!! I’m coming! Thanks so much for setting this up.

1 Like

I have a beach trip that may overlap. I’ll confirm and come back and rsvp if I can make it. If not I would love one of the cards if that’s possible! We’re so close to Philadelphia it’d be a shame to miss it!

Thanks for the invite @TwasBrillig!

1 Like

Looking forward to attending if there is still room to join in. Thank you.

1 Like

You’re in!

will be attending :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would love to join this meetup! Please count me as a “yes,” and thanks so much for organizing the event!

1 Like

I’ll be there. With love for Ben.

1 Like

I don’t know if I will be able to come but I am going to work hard to do so. I RSVP’d. I would love to meet some of my fellow postcrossers .

1 Like

Can we swap.

1 Like

Hi folks! I see the Meetup is booked up, but if there are any cancelations please let me know. Although my home base is in MA, I’m in DC quite often, including most of July. It’s been a while, but I’ve attended an in person and online Meetup with Mid-Atlantic before, would love to see your friendly faces again!

1 Like