21st October 2023 - Italo Calvino meetup in Sanremo (Liguria)

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Sanremo (Liguria), Italy
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Hall of Sanremo station
:calendar: DATE: Saturday 21st October
:alarm_clock: TIME: from 10:30 a.m. until about 17 p.m.
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

Sanremo is a city in the western Riviera Ligure, not far from the border with France. It is reknown as a tourist destination, for its music festival and from the Milan-Sanremo cycling race. :beach_umbrella: :notes: :bike:
But it was also the town where Italian writer Italo Calvino spent his youth and took inspiration for some of his most famous works, such as The Baron in the Trees and The Path to the Nest of Spiders.

2023 is the 100th anniversary of Italo Calvino’s birth and it will be celebrated, amongs the other events, by a stamp issued by the Italian postal service. Unluckily, the stamp is going to have a very expensive cost, and so it will not be used on the postcards sent to Italy or to Europe.

During the meetup we will have a walk around Sanremo, visiting some of the places linked to Calvino. After the walk we will have lunch (the exact place is still to be decided) and write and sign postcards together ! :smiley:

Here you can see the meetup postcard

It has been designed by @Diau836 and depicts a panoramic view of Sanremo, the portrait of Calvino and a view of Pigna, the historic centre of the city which is the backdrop to The Path to the Nest of Spiders novel.
In order to buy a bunch of cards you can directly write me, or you can leave a message here if you want to receive one from the meetup :smiley:

Follow this post to receive news about Meetup plan :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Nice to swap this card :wink:

Che tipologia sarΓ ? Zona 2?

I will try to join!!

2 Likes

Secondo il programma sul sito delle poste, B 50g, quindi 2,75 euro :pensive:

Hello everyone!
I would be very interested in swap the wonderful card.
My offers:

Enjoy your meetup and thank you in advance.

2 Likes

Hello! I would be happy to exchange MEETUP swap | Flickr

1 Like

Will be happy to swap :blush:
My offers

1 Like

Hello! I’d love to swap this card please. Is it possible?

1 Like

Ciao @stefbot75 :smiley:. Thank you so much for your card :smiling_face:.

1 Like

Mille grazie @stefbot75 and busy stamping crew.

Stay confident, happy postcrossing

1 Like