21 January 2023 - Southeastern MA Winter Meetup

@Cera1985 They do. I’d say at least once a month. If you follow them on Instagram and/or Facebook. They usually post the events there.

1 Like

So exciting! I am originally from (just) south of Boston, but have lived in CT for 25 years. This would be my first meetup if I am able to make it happen. :smiley:

My concern is transportation. Are the any attendees that may be traveling through CT, that I can car-pool with?
(I am disabled from a car accident (still healing and am on crutches, so unfortunately using public transportation would be rather difficult for me).

Thanks, and I hope I can make it!

Judi

Hello Everyone. My name is Farakhan and I’m from The capital city of Ghana Greater Accra. I am ready to provide accommodation to anyone interested in visiting Ghana. Thank You.

Hi there - I just mailed my first postcards today and am psyched to find a meetup. Weather permitting I’ll be there. And if it’s still possible I’d love to get ten of the postcards. Thanks!

Liz

1 Like

Hi Liz,

Welcome to Postcrossing! I hope you come to love it as much as I do. I will put you down for 10 postcards. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask me.

Looking forward to meeting you,
Maureen

i’m getting my trash/treasure postcards ready! lighthouse from michigan, anyone? :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

@kristencat I’ll see your Michigan Lighthouse and raise you a Jupiter, FL lighthouse…lol

1 Like

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to give an update since the meetup is coming up this Saturday.

The meetup postcards have arrived and are waiting for all of us to sign them. Thursday I will be sending out a final count of how many cards every one requested. As of right now I have enough for everyone to get what they requested. If more people RSVP this week I might have to adjust the counts because there are not a lot left over. Cards are 50 cents each. You can pay me on Saturday with either cash or Venmo.

The extended forecast right now looks good for Saturday. Living in New England we all know that could change any minute. I’m still keeping next Sunday 1/22 and the following Saturday 1/28 for alternative dates in case the forecast does change but fingers crossed we’ll be good as scheduled. On Thursday, I’ll update this as well.

Thanks @kristencat for reminding me about the trash/treasure swap. For those unfamiliar with it, this is your chance to swap out some of your postcards for new ones. Great way to swap out those strays you have from a postcard book. Or maybe you have a lot of one theme and you want to trade it for something else. Or maybe you just have some downright weird cards, bring 'em and swap them for someone else’s weird. We’ll actually have a game with your weird card. Bring your strangest, weirdest, or ugliest postcard in an envelope so no one else can see it. We’ll vote on which one is the most weird and whoever brought it will win a prize. If you want to participate in this swap bring anywhere from 1-10 cards to swap plus your weirdest one in an envelope.

That’s it for now. Any questions, feel free to message me.

4 Likes

Below is a list of those who have RSVP’d. I just posted an update above this message with meetup information and wanted to make sure everyone sees it. I’ll post another update on Thursday. Have a great week!

@fionat
@kristencat
@sarahaeyo
@volvomom
@Cera1985
@MailedByMsNik
@Sharonscraps
@GBliss
@Odie192
@bruvionw
@mmouded
@meredith88
@sunflower20
@PaperOwl
@relicofthe80s
@dezelina51
@snailmail_ashcubes
@gibsonpark

Tentative:
@Ranger-Girl

4 Likes

Judi, I hope you can make it, too! I had an accident last summer and recall the frustration of being unable to drive for a while. Maybe you can bring a friend/family member?

2 Likes

So excited!!! And thanks @WalkinMomma for organizing!

2 Likes

A couple doors down from Burgundian is a postal service shop that sells stamps if anyone is looking to buy stamps before they go up in price next Sunday. On Saturdays, they’re open 8:30am to noon. It’s not a regular full service post office so I’m not sure how much a variety of stamps they’ll have but they do sell stamps. They also have a collection box outside for those who want to mail postcards after the meetup.

1 Like

Hello! I just saw this today and will be in attendance. I’d like to order 20 cards, if possible!

2 Likes

Maureen: Thank you for the invitation to the Meet-up in Attleboro on 1/21. I will not be able to attend but hope you will keep me in mind for future events.
Happy Postcrossing,
John

Hello! Happy to have you joining us. I’ll put you down for 20 but might need to adjust the total if I have more people RSVPing this week. I’ll give you a definite total on this Thursday when I update.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Sorry to hear you can’t make it this week, John but of course I will keep you in mind for the next meetup I host. Have a wonderful week.

Please put me down for 10 postcards!

1 Like

Will do!

1 Like

Hi, Post crossers! I would like to receive one meet-up card from anyone please. Love from India. let’s exchange this meet-up card with a surprise card from India. Please hit me up at ari.yer108@gmail.com
Thank you!
Love,
Ari

Hello! I believe I will be coming as well, via the Commuter Rail from Boston. Are there any cards left for purchase? I would only use 10 I think.

@sarahaeyo , message me if you want to catch the same train, or if anyone else is catching the train and wants to meet as a group to head down.

Cheers,
Harley

2 Likes