21 January 2023 - Southeastern MA Winter Meetup

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Attleboro, MA
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Burgundian Restaurant, 55 Park St, Attleboro, MA
:calendar: DATE: Saturday, January 21, 2023
:alarm_clock: TIME: 11am to 1pm EST
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

January can be a cold, boring month let’s warm it up with a hot beverage and by connecting with new friends who also love Postcrossing.

Bring stamps, stickers, your best pens, name ink stamp if you have one, etc. We will sign the meetup cards for the event, chat about our favorites received etc. If time allows we’ll write out postcards for addresses you’ve selected before the event.

Official meetup cards will shortly be available for viewing; cards will be 50 cents each, I’ll be taking orders when I post the cards.

Play a postcard game. More info forthcoming as we get closer to the event.

Feel free to bring stuff for a treasure/trash table (optional)

Burgundian is a restaurant/coffee shop that specializes in Liège waffles and regional specialties from around the world. Burgundian has graciously allowed us to attend for no charge. Please consider supporting Burgundian by purchasing food and/or drinks from their menu. [www.weareburgundians.com]

Burgundian is a 10 minute walk from the Attleboro Commuter Rail Train station.

If you are interested in meeting local postcrossers, please join us. Get in touch for more details!

Hoping to see you soon in Attleboro

Please confirm your attendance by clicking in the header!

With it being January, who knows what the weather will be like. In case of inclement weather on the 21st, I can either bump it to Sunday the 22nd or the following Saturday the 28th. We should know by Thursday, January 19th and will update if needed.

4 Likes

You had me at waffles. :grin: Weather permitting, I’ll be there!

3 Likes

Are there any lodgings within walking distance of this venue? I am considering attending via Amtrak/MBTA commuter rail.

1 Like

I’m sorry no there aren’t any lodgings here in Attleboro center. I think the closest hotel would be a 15-20 minute UBER ride. There’s a Hampton Inn & a Best Western on Route 1 in North Attleboro.

They do a chicken & waffles that is utterly delicious. Making me hungry just thinking about them :blush:

Thanks for the head’s up. Might make more sense to stay in Providence then. I’ll take a deeper look at it and let you know if I decide to come.

depends on weather, but i hope to be there! :slight_smile: and can’t wait for these waffles! :waffle: :waffle: :waffle: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

This is the postcard I have designed for the meetup. They will be available at the meetup and are 50 cents each. You can either pay cash or venmo me at the meetup. Please let me know how many you would like.

Also, I have added additional info to original post in case of inclement weather.

12 Likes

I will take 20 cards please! Thanks so much Maureen! See you there!

1 Like

I have never been to a meetup so not sure what to expect. I will take 20 cards. Is it worth it to get a custom stamp made?

From someone who has had to handwrite their username 350 times at a meetup in June and 250 times last Saturday i can without a doubt say “YES! It’s worth getting a stamp made” I’m hoping Santa is putting one in my stocking next weekend.

Rubberstamps.net was recommended last weekend. Also important is making sure you bring quick drying ink.

As far as the meetup goes, they’re all a little different but you’ll get to meet other people who love Postcrossing too. I’m going to have a little ice breaker game so we can get to know each other a little bit. (Yes prizes will be involved!) The majority of the time will be spent signing the meetup cards I made. At the meetup last weekend there was a treasure/trash pile which is essentially… bring some of your least favorite postcards from your collection (non-written on), we put them in a pile and then everyone gets to go thru them and pick ones they want. It was a lot of fun.

love the cards @WalkinMomma . I will take 20. again - still depends on weather but i really hope to be there!

1 Like

I’ll mark you down for 20. If a lot of people attend I might need to cut it back but I’ll mark 20 for you now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m interested in coming! My house is going on the market, though, so I’m not sure quite yet if I need to be around that day. Can I let you know three days in advance?

Of course. Good luck with your house!

1 Like

There is a Courtyard by Mariott on Exchange Terrace in downtown Providence that is only about a 7 minute walk to the commuter station on Gaspee St. There is lots to do In Providence too, Just a suggestion.

1 Like

I’ve looked at that, thanks. Looking at the Amtrak schedules, I’d likely have to travel on Friday and Sunday, with two hotel nights. I mean absolutely no offense, but that is starting to get very expensive for a two hour event. While I’m sure there is plenty to do in Providence, I might be more inclined to pursue this in the summer the days are longer and weather is more likely to be favorable, so I think I will pass on this one. I wish you well with the event, hope it is well attended and goes smoothly!

1 Like

Try rileyprint.com for postcrossing stamps

Thanks for the website!

What a great card! Love the cozy design. Fits with the wonderful Meet Up you have planned. Put me down for 10 please. - Garry

1 Like