21 April 2024 - Portland, Oregon Meetup

Me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey everyone, the design contest is about to close. We have a great handful of entries, but it’s not too late to get another submission in. We should have the Meetup postcards in hand by March 21, and we’ll release the cost then. Thanks for your patience, and looking forward to hanging with everyone. Let me know if you have any questions.

dictionary

3 Likes

If by any chance you open this up to more people or if there are last minute openings, I would love to be included. I only just saw this post and was so sad to see the event was full. Happy Postcrossing to my fellow PDXers! -Jane

2 Likes

@everyone -

We have a Meetup postcard contest winner: @SassyChicken. It’s Bigfoot!

I’ve ordered a big stack, and they’re slated to deliver on March 15.

Thank you to ALL the other lovely design submitters. I’ll be bringing you 10 postcards each as a thank you.

12 Likes

Totally love it! :tada:

1 Like

I love the design!! Very excited!!

2 Likes

This is seachange again, from a visit that has me in Oregon right now. Can I get 29 cards. Richard42 wants cards but I do not think he is attending. Can the hosts communicate with him because I prefer not to be too in the middle if possible. Thanks. He does not have venmo.

1 Like

Greetings! He can message us on Postcrossing. Our hands are full with Meetup logistics at the moment.

I think that was a typo on me asking for 29 cards. I think your limit is 20

Seachange just sent $5.00 via Venmo to Stephanie for entry fee.

From what I can tell, there is not known cost of cards yet. Is that right? And when we do know, I send the payment to dictionary, right? Thanks. Seachange

I will be glad to exchange ))
https://vk.com/album20733835_278691001
https://vk.com/album20733835_278769494
If my links never open, then I can offer Stavropol counter postcards and many other topics for exchange: foxes, bears, cities, food, flowers, birds, owls, wine Stavropol, famous personalities, characters and more.

1 Like

Cute! I’d like to request 10 cards please. Thanks!

Hi there! I’m brand spanking new to PostCrossing and a local artist in the Portland area. I was selling at my booth in Seattle at Emerald City Comic Con when an attendee suggested I join and come to the meetup because I create and sell postcards. Before coming, I just wanted to make sure and check that this is ok to do? I don’t want to break rules or offend anyone. I’m really excited to join you all! If I can’t sell my postcards, no biggie. But I wanted to double check first. Thanks!

3 Likes

WELCOME! To Postcrossing! So glad you’re here.

I’ve reviewed the Meetup Guidelines here:

…and dont see any rule against selling.

Feel free to come and do your thing, keeping in mind the central idea is to sign and stamp postcards. Maybe you could plug your setup during show and tell as well?

Thank you!

Dictionary

2 Likes

Absolutely! I figured I’d just bring a bag of them and see if there was any interest. But I’m most interested in just learning all about how the meetups work and the meetup cards and everything involved. This is such a cool little slice of the internet!

2 Likes

@everyone

Just an FYI, you need to be on the RSVP list (or someone’s +1) and pay the $5 door fee to get in the meetup. We have limited capacity and need to have an accurate headcount.

As of this moment, we are maxed out and cant allow anyone else to join. We will make an announcement if that changes.

Also - Meetup cards are scheduled to be delivered this Friday. I will update this post with pricing and how to pay when they are in.

Thanks again!

5 Likes

I’ve already rsvp’d but have just been quiet about it until now. Thank you!

1 Like

@steresem Can I please be put on the RSVP list with a +1?

1 Like

The event is booked out. Please watch this space as some people may drop out.

2 Likes