21 April 2024 - Portland, Oregon Meetup

Seachange just sent $5.00 via Venmo to Stephanie for entry fee.

From what I can tell, there is not known cost of cards yet. Is that right? And when we do know, I send the payment to dictionary, right? Thanks. Seachange

I will be glad to exchange ))
https://vk.com/album20733835_278691001
https://vk.com/album20733835_278769494
If my links never open, then I can offer Stavropol counter postcards and many other topics for exchange: foxes, bears, cities, food, flowers, birds, owls, wine Stavropol, famous personalities, characters and more.

1 Like

Cute! I’d like to request 10 cards please. Thanks!

Hi there! I’m brand spanking new to PostCrossing and a local artist in the Portland area. I was selling at my booth in Seattle at Emerald City Comic Con when an attendee suggested I join and come to the meetup because I create and sell postcards. Before coming, I just wanted to make sure and check that this is ok to do? I don’t want to break rules or offend anyone. I’m really excited to join you all! If I can’t sell my postcards, no biggie. But I wanted to double check first. Thanks!

3 Likes

WELCOME! To Postcrossing! So glad you’re here.

I’ve reviewed the Meetup Guidelines here:

…and dont see any rule against selling.

Feel free to come and do your thing, keeping in mind the central idea is to sign and stamp postcards. Maybe you could plug your setup during show and tell as well?

Thank you!

Dictionary

2 Likes

Absolutely! I figured I’d just bring a bag of them and see if there was any interest. But I’m most interested in just learning all about how the meetups work and the meetup cards and everything involved. This is such a cool little slice of the internet!

2 Likes

@everyone

Just an FYI, you need to be on the RSVP list (or someone’s +1) and pay the $5 door fee to get in the meetup. We have limited capacity and need to have an accurate headcount.

As of this moment, we are maxed out and cant allow anyone else to join. We will make an announcement if that changes.

Also - Meetup cards are scheduled to be delivered this Friday. I will update this post with pricing and how to pay when they are in.

Thanks again!

5 Likes

I’ve already rsvp’d but have just been quiet about it until now. Thank you!

1 Like

@steresem Can I please be put on the RSVP list with a +1?

1 Like

The event is booked out. Please watch this space as some people may drop out.

2 Likes

@everyone - postcards are here and available to purchase. Please see the main event post for payment info.

2 Likes

I’d like 20 cards please. I’ll pay by Venmo shortly. Thank you!

I’d like 10 cards please. I’ll Venmo. And thank you, @dictionary , for the free 10 cards. :grin:

1 Like

20 cards, please, and I’ll Venmo now! :slight_smile:

Hi! I love the postcard design you chose and would love to swap! I have this one available:

2 Likes

Looking forward to meeting new folks. @Hiersche, I’ll be bringing my own postcards to sell as well, Courtney. I’m interested to see your designs.
Kay

2 Likes

I would like to buy 20 meetup cards, thank you! Will Venmo!

1 Like

I will take 10 meetup cards, venmoing the money now!

1 Like

I’ll get them set aside for you! Thanks.

1 Like