2023 Australian Stamp Bulletin chat

Oh! Big Things! We were talking about big things at our last meet up. And birds are always welcome.

And that QEII one is going to fly out the door.

@KoalaPost and @gabrand - Big Things!

1 Like

Any guesses for what big things might be included?

Banana, pineapple, merino, olives…:rofl:?! There are sooooo many to choose from!! How cool would it be if they presented them in a minisheet which was also a map.

It will be an interesting series for sure.
I should find my Big Things of Australia map postcards!!! Now they can go out all matchy matchy!!

There was an older issue with Big Things about 15 years ago. The maxicards had photos, but these were the stamps (drawn by Reg Mombassa, very cool).

2 Likes

Oh wow they are cool! I’ve never seen them. Do you think there’s any chance it will be more by him, but different ones?

1 Like

Big things stamps are SO exciting! Thanks for sharing :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

There we go!

Capture3

Where are the big things??

1 Like

How disappointing…

I guess these three releases:

Will be in the next bulletin.

What time frame do those maxicard collections cover?

They’ll be in the next Bulletin I guess…as will QEII.

Link for downloading bulletin

I think they’re quarterly collections…with Bulletins covering two months.

1 Like

Interesting International Stamp prices… I guess the increases keep coming…

1 Like

And check out the denominations of the international animals!! Who sees a 20-50 cent increase coming?

Zone 2: 2.90 → 3.10?
Zone 3: 3.5 → 3.70 (already have this denomination)
Zone 4: 3.70 → 3.90?
Zone 5: 3.80 → ??? 4.30?

Just guessing here…

We had a $4 stamp previously and no zone costing that much…so maybe rest of world will just go up to $4…‘just’ :grimacing:.

1 Like

Yes. :face_with_peeking_eye:

I’m glad for a new Bilby stamp. Great for Easter cards. It’s a shame the koala is $4.30. Don’t see a need for it a lot. It’s like the beautiful Barrier Reef $4. I wanted to use that design but didn’t need $4 worth!!!

I recently noticed the $3.50 Kakadu international stamp was ‘out of stock’ on the web site…so I had wondered if this was coming. You can still buy it in gutter strips. But not alone/standard blocks.

1 Like

They are exciting and now it would appear that we have to wait another two months!!! Sorry for getting your hopes up prematurely :confounded:.

1 Like

Aw MAN I just got my MyPost card and a set of the concession stamps w/ the current Australia design… the new ones are gorgeous and I should have waited.

Also, if things go up AGAIN I may need to reduce my postcrossing even more :frowning: I can’t afford all of these increases!

Pretty ordinary bulletin :neutral_face:

I like the wildlife but not at over double the price you should pay. Won’t be sending any of those. I hope we can still send postcards for $3. The birds are nice. Even though I’m not a fan a few FIFA’s would probably be handy.
Thanks for posting.

1 Like

I’d just stock up anyway if you like the designs as its only a matter of time before postage costs that much. In fact, it probably wont be long before we think $4.30 is cheap :rofl:

1 Like

Ι spend 3$ on a postcard if I want to use new stamps.

If I want to be thrifty, I buy older maxi cards for 0.50$ each and I add some older small value stamps as “decoration”. So let’s say 70 cents per card…

I honestly can’t even work out what these prices would be replacing! :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

And also, where’s the King’s Coronation? :thinking:

1 Like