2023 Australian Stamp Bulletin chat

It’s out! :partying_face:

I think these maxicards will be popular:

And I love the wrens:

These are cute too:

…but no maxicard. Just a prepaid postcard again.

12 Likes

Oh my god the quoll :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I wish they were still $2.40 instead of $2.55 :unamused:

…and the animals were released today. Bit weird.

1 Like

Oh I love the Vegemite coins! I wish they were becoming a maxicard :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes!!! It’s beautiful :heart_eyes:.

That would be very cool!

1 Like

Just purchased some of the new Platypus stamps that were released today!

Next purchase will be the CNY stamps!

3 Likes

Interesting but too much nature… Where is history?

This bulletin covers only the first two months of the year @Prodromos. There will be some more history in future bulletins, I’m sure.

Also, the Sporting Treasures release on 7th Feb celebrates four sporting champions, dating back to the 1920s.

quoll quoll quoll :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: and the wrens are lovely too but quolls :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Note to self…@Tetsuko might like a Quoll card! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Being a collector of pictorial postmarks I was pleased to see so many new ones announced - but I am puzzled as to why non-pictorial types are listed too. Postmarks featuring the Australia Post logo have been in use for decades, and there are hundreds of them .

The next bulletin is out!

1 Like

Ooooh, the eclipse theme got me excited… the stamps are nice in a geometric kind of way, but that prepaid is a real winner for me :star_struck:

3 Likes

Eclipse! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I like the travel posters too.

Which prepaid are you talking about?

Lol…I hadn’t even noticed it!! It is lovely.

4 Likes

The maxicard with the eclipse and the lighthouse — it’s like they’ve been reading postcrossing profiles and tried to make the one card will cover every possible wishlist.

4 Likes

I thought the same thing with the travel posters set too! :laughing:

2 Likes

I’m really fond of the “Australian Antarctic Territory Sidney Nolan’s Antarctica” stamp set. It has a really intriguing and eerie look to it that I find fascinating!

4 Likes