20 April 2024 - Beverly, MA Meetup at Copper Dog Books

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Beverly, Mass.
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Copper Dog Books, 272 Cabot St, Beverly, MA 01915
:calendar: DATE: April 20, 2024
:alarm_clock: TIME: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: We will meet at Copper Dog Books. They will have some local postcards, postcard making materials and sticker books available and for sale. Bring a personal stamp and/or pens to sign the meetup card. We can do a swap of extra cards, so bring 10-20 extra cards if you like – especially ones from nice sets that you have too many of! You can also bring some stamps for swaps.

See the meetup card. Please post the number you want on the forum thread or message AlixW through Postcrossing. The order will be placed on Wednesday afternoon, April 17. Bring cash or pay me at the event on Venmo: 5 cards for $3, 10 cards for $5, 20 cards for $10. (This is based on an order of 100-200 cards. If we get enough orders for 250 it may be slightly less.)

Update: I have enough orders to make it beneficial to order 250 cards (instead of 200) and the cost will probably be only 40c for each card max, possibly less.

Atomic Cafe is right next door so we can spread out there as needed or you can go there before/after for some food or drink. There are many more local spots.

See more meetup details in this Google Doc, including parking, MBTA info, places to get cards in Salem if you are up for a detour, etc.

Can’t wait to see many of you!
Alix W, Beverly, MA, USA

8 Likes

I should be able to make this :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Thanks for organizing, Alix!

For commuter rail users: MBTA offers a $10 CR Weekend Pass valid for unlimited rides on all lines and zones, saturday start of service through sunday end of service. If you are coming from Boston, the pass basically pays for itself in one ride!

2 Likes

tagging for awareness :sweat_smile:

@kristencat @AmandaSC @WalkinMomma @squirrelgirl55 @fionat @alarica76 @CStar9 @volvomom @yviantics @Socraju @gibsonpark @rubycantfail @MrsForrest @bm123i @noah97 @MailedByMsNik @postcardi @Sharontup

4 Likes

I’d definitely be interested in attending

2 Likes

Hey everyone!

I will most likely be there! Driving from Quincy, so there may be room in my vehicle. Shoot me a message if you are close to me and want to attend.

Just posted some Princess Diana foreign stamps for sale on the Etsy shop, too. If anyone thinks they want them, lmk and I will share a discount code with you. :slightly_smiling_face: link below.

• Harley

https://adecadeapart.etsy.com/

3 Likes

Hello! I would love to come.

1 Like

I would be interested.

2 Likes

I would love to participate! Thank you!

2 Likes

Sadly, I don’t think I’ll be in the area for this one. :frowning: Hope you all have a great time!

1 Like

I’m hoping to be there! Will update sooner to the date.

2 Likes

Thank you!!! I’ll try to be there!

2 Likes

I’m hoping to try to make it. As of right now I’m not scheduled to work at the library that Saturday, but that may change. When do I have to give you a definite answer?

2 Likes

No strict time period. I’m trying to figure out about a meetup card, so if we order those I’ll be looking for numbers. But this meeting is open to the public. The bookstore is hoping to get some people in who just want to find out more about Postcrossing too.

1 Like

This sounds lovely but I am booked that weekend!

I plan to be there!

I would love a meetup-specific card if you can manage it.

Thanks for hosting.

Fiona

2 Likes

Yes. this sounds great.

2 Likes

Hi folks! I’m rarely on the forum, but did want to confirm I plan to attend :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’ve mocked up a couple of possible meetup cards using photos of Beverly, MA but I’m open to ideas if someone else wants to give it a go. If I got 100 made at Staples they’re about 50 cents each.
Beach photo
Downtown/Cabot St. photo

I am thinking maybe I can’t say “Copper Dog Books” on the front because of restrictions with the Postcrossing logo? But maybe I can just say on the back that it’s at Copper Dog Books - and also I’ll put the whole place name - Beverly, Massachusetts, USA

LMK what you all think and if you’d want some!

1 Like

I really dig the beach one.

Also, I will be in attendance

2 Likes

Either card is great! If you want us to post totals here, I’d like 6.

1 Like