2 October 2021 - 6th Annual Washington D. C. Meetup

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Washington D. C
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Virtual
:calendar: DATE: 02 OCT 2021
:alarm_clock: TIME: 1500 Eastern Daylight Time (-4 UTC)
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

Greetings all!

The Mid-Atlantic Postcrossers in conjunction with Chaelamonstah are proud to present the 6th Annual Washington D. C. Meetup. We will be hosting a virtual Meetup on 02 October 2021 at 1500 Eastern Daylight time (-4 UTC). It is open to anyone in the world who would like to participate.

How to participate -

RSVP for this event at the following link:

This event will be conducted virtually on Zoom. That means you attend by videoconference (teleconference if you don’t have video capability). Zoom is a cross-platform application that supports this capability.

The password to join this event will be provided to all who have RSVPed just prior to the event via an email from this site.

Agenda:

1 - Introductory remarks
2 - We’ll have a five to ten minute presentation the Washington D. C. you don’t know
3 - Round the room -Attendees will introduce themselves and share their favorite postcard they’ve received in the last few weeks
4 - Share your vendors - Please come prepared to share info of your favorite vendors for Postcrossing activities (postcards, rubber stamps, stickers, wash tape, pens, etc.)

A note on Zoom etiquette:

When you enter the event you will initially be placed in a waiting room. One of the hosts will quickly get you into the conference, this is done so that we can accurately create an attendance record and verify that we have all of your info correctly.

Please mute your microphone when you are not speaking.

Once in the conference, please add your Postcrossing handle and location to your Zoom login name. This can easily be done by using the three dot pull down menu next to your name and is not a permanent change.

We ask that all participants participate at least once in the chat. This helps us with the attendance record.

Note that the chat will be recorded and may be made public following the teleconference. We may also attempt to record the whole thing this time.

An event card is being produced for this event, and will be made available to all attendees. Details will be provided during the event. Photos of both sides of the event card can be seen below once it is printed.

This event is open to all postcrossers, no matter where you live! In the past we have had postcrossers from Norway, Ireland, Portugal, Italy, England, Canada the Philippines, Uganda, Mexico, The Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, India and Sri Lanka as well as numerous U.S. States and the District of Columbia. Hope to see YOU there!

5 Likes

Nice, I will try to join you again!

1 Like

Hi! I want to attend. Though it will be 10 pm here in St.P. and actually a second meet-up on that day for me :slight_smile:

This should be the link for the meeting!

Excuse me, but where could I find the recording of this event?
I want to mail postcards to peer attendees but I didn’t note down all of the addresses people posted in the chat. So it would be appreciated if you could provide a link or access to it.
Thank you so much!

Tom -

Sorry for the delayed response, been a little buried this week. I did not record the event, but I did save the chat, which I believe has what you are looking for. I can send you a copy via email if you provide me with an email address to which i can send it. Email me here:

eric.arnold@mac.com

Cheers -

Eric

All packets went out in Monday’s post. All personal cards were sent the previous week. Sorry for the delay, buy I had an interesting time figuring out the postage for the packets as the rates had changed since the last event. Enjoy!

thank you very much @eta55 for the personal addressed card as wel as for the packet! Both arrived safe and sound!