19 Feb 2022 Meetup in Fagernes, Valdres

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Fagernes, Valdres
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Valdres Folkemuseum, Tyinvegen 27, 2900 Fagernes
:calendar: DATE: Saturday, 19 February
:alarm_clock: TIME: 12:00
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Postcard writing, social time, and lunch for those who want. Then a guided tour of the museum at 14:00.

NB! New venue! We will meet at the museum and sit in their cafe for postcard signing and optional lunch.

Hi! Maternity leave in rural Norway can be lonely, so I decided it would be fun to try to organize a meetup.

To get to Fagernes, you can take the bus from Oslo or Bergen (as well as a lot of other places! Check the Entur app) or drive. It takes about 3 hours from Oslo, 5 hours from Bergen etc.

If you need to spend the night, there is a Scandic hotel right downtown, so it would be in walking distance. A cheaper option is a B&B called RĆøn Pensjonat, which is about 15 minutes north by car. There are also various mountain hotels in the skiing areas nearby (but you would likely need a car to get there as well). I think staying at Scandic Valdres would be the easiest and nicest.

Weā€™ll start by meeting up at the folk museumā€™s cafe for postcard signing and lunch for those who want. Then weā€™ll be given a guided tour at 14:00.

Iā€™ve never organized a meetup before, so feel free to let me know if Iā€™ve forgotten something or if something makes no sense :sweat_smile:

Definitely planning to attend :grinning: And you can count in Rundstykket too!

Thereā€™s a bus arriving from Oslo at Fagernes skysstasjon Saturday at 11.32am, so I guess a start time of 12 noon could work? But actually weā€™re thinking maybe going up Friday night and staying two nights at a hotel. Mini vacation! :smiley:

1 Like

Youā€™re right! I was looking at the wrong Saturday when I put 13:30 as the time. And yay, a mini vacation sounds great :smiley: @KAS (reply didnā€™t work)

There is also a bus from Oslo at 10.20 arriving Fagernes at 13.20 (Saturdag 12 February).

Youā€™re right as well, so we could start at 13:30 if that bus is more convenient for anybody who wants to come :slight_smile: @marit_la (why is the reply button not working for me today?)

Saturday February 19 has been suggested as an alternative date.

Whaaat, donā€™t you want a Friday night drink at the local Scandic? We were counting on you :joy:

1 Like

13.30 sounds late to me, unless someone specifically canā€™t make it till then.

1 Like

Well, 12/noon is ok for me, so its either the buss in the morning, or I arrive on Friday too. @KAS Then at least I can have a drink with you :smiley:

1 Like

This sounds very interesting ā€¦ ! I probably canā€™t make it on the 12th though, but I probably could manage the 19th ā€¦

1 Like

Both dates are fine with me.

However, I think I have to travel on Friday to avoid getting up at 5 in the morning on Saturday to get there. I will check if I can get the Friday off when you have decided a date.

Will there be a meetup card or should we just buy some cards there?

1 Like

I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be able to make a meetup card. If someone else wants to, thatā€™s okay with me :slight_smile: @baguetta

Iā€™m interested! Saturday 19th works best for me. Donā€™t think I can make it the 12th.
February is really busy at work, so not a good month to get a day off. But if the date ends up at the 19th, I would drive up Saturday morning (from Eidsvoll) and have the option to stay until Sunday :blush: I also have room for up to 4 passengers between Eidsvoll and Fagernes.

1 Like

If you reply to the last post in the thread, it wonā€™t show up as a reply to that post. The two quotes here are from post 3 and 5, where it seems like you replied to post 2 and 4. If you had replied to post 2 or 4 now, when thereā€™s other posts in between, it would have been shown as a reply to the author of those posts.
As long as you use the reply button linked to a certain post, the author of that post will be notified about the reply, even if the forum thread doesnā€™t indicate that youā€™ve replied to that post. (If I remember right!)

1 Like

Thatā€™s okšŸ˜Š

Ah, thank you for the explanation! Itā€™s not just me then :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Interesting idea and interested too! :grin:
Right now, either 12. or 19. could work for me. I ā€œjustā€ need to figure out how to arrive from Stavanger city :sweat_smile:

1 Like

My parents used to live in Stavangerā€¦ they would usually drive, or take the train to Oslo and then the bus up here. Itā€™s not a very quick trip either way :sweat_smile: @Hotaru

1 Like

Iā€™ve updated the event. The 19th seems to be the preferred date, so weā€™ll go with that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi. I will joinšŸ˜ƒ

1 Like