17th March 2024,Postcrossing Meetup in Saint-Etienne-de-Montluc (Loire-Atlantique) - Saint Patrick's day

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Saint-Etienne-de-Montluc, Loire-Atlantique (44)
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: In front of the entrance of the train station of Saint-Etienne-de Montluc.
Address : Gare SNCF Place de la gare 44360 Saint-Etienne-de-Montluc
:calendar: DATE: March 17th, 2024
:alarm_clock: TIME: 10:00 – 17:00
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

This is @floanas and @milylcs. We are organizing a meeting on March 17th 2024 for the Saint-Patrick’s day. For that special day, we want to make you discover the marshlands of the Loire Estuary and of course to celebrate the Saint-Patrick’s day ! :shamrock: :elf: :rainbow: :beers:

Before presenting the program of the meeting, let’s give you a short description about the place where the meeting is going to take place. :world_map: Saint-Etienne-de-Montluc is a city located on the banks of the Loire Estuary between the cities of Nantes and Saint-Nazaire. We are 21km west from the city center of Nantes and 40 km east from the shores of the Atlantic Ocean. An « Estuaire » itinerary has been created to discover this 60 km long estuary. It offers 33 open air art works between landscape, art and the river. We propose you to visit one of them. ! :green_heart:

So here is the program :

1. 10 am : meeting at the train station of Saint-Etienne-de-Montluc :station:

2. 10 – 12 am : we will go by car to Lavau-sur Loire (18 km) to visit « L’observatoire », the artwork of Tadashi Kawamata, part of the Estuaire itinerary. This is a 1.5 km walk (to and from point of departure) pathway on wooden planks . We will visit also the harbour house of Lavau-sur-Loire which is the house which has been used as model for another artwork of the Estuaire itinerary named « La maison dans La Loire».

3. 12 – 14 pm : we will go back to Saint-Etienne-de-Montluc @floanas home in a outbuilding where will be served a cold meal tray (or a cold buffet if we do not succeed to get a cold meal tray by a local company). The exact price of the meal will be communicated later but the estimated price will be between 15 and 25 € per person.

4. 14 - 17 pm : it will be time to chat and to write postcards in a Saint-Patrick atmosphere ! :shamrock: :tophat: :rainbow: ! There will also be a snack break with some tea, coffee and cakes. ! :coffee: :cake:

The times are indicated for information and may change slightly.

We would also like that each participant comes with a small gift (only one) ! :gift: We did it in a previous meeting and everybody liked it. We will draw lots to distribute these gifts to the participants. Each participant will receive one gift. The budget for the small gift is 5 €. It can be postcards, pens, wahsitapes, stickers,… whatever you want or you think that it would make a postcrosser happy ! :smile:

Here are some additional informations about the meeting : :round_pushpin:

:point_right: Due to the size of the outbuilding where we will eat and write postcards, there is a limit of 15 participants for this meeting (not including the 2 organizers), assigned on a “first come, first served” basis.

:point_right: If you are coming by train, we can organize the transfer from/to Lavau-sur-Loire only for 8 people for now. If more than 8 people are coming by train, we can’t ensure the transfer from/to Lavau-Sur-Loire but be sure that we will do our best to ensure the transport for all ! :grinning:

:point_right: As it is written in the Postcrossing meeting guidelines, as organizators we set a maximum number of 50 postcards per participant in order to have a lot ot time to chat and just enjoy the time being together:-).

:point_right: 3 meetup postcards are on the way to be created. They will be published in this post before the end of January. We will organize a group order at the beginning of February. The price for each postcard will be defined when the printing company will be chosen and will only correspond to the printing costs and the shipping costs to send the postcards to your home. Postcards will be sent to your address a few weeks prior to the meeting. The payment will have to be done at the time of the order on an online payment site (communicated later).

:point_right: Please, if you cannot attend the meetup while you have signed up for, please let us know as soon as possible.! :heart_hands:

We will be pleased to welcome you in Saint-Etienne-de-Montluc for a lovely Saint-Patrick’s meetup day. Hope many of you will be able to join us ! :shamrock: :elf: :rainbow: :beers:

Now, it’s time to enter your registration for that meeting ! :tada:

Please copy and complete the form below following this post only if you agree to be able to participate, including the gift.

• Participant number: (1-15 - check the number of participants already registered before you)-
  • My beautiful name: (your real first name, not your nickname please)
  • My beautiful nickname : (the one you have on Postcrossing)
  • I come from: (your country and city)
  • I speak: (spoken languages)
  • I can write in: (written languages)
  • Food allergies, allergic to plants or essential oils: (Yes or no: if yes, please define which ones)
  • I participate in the meal (15-25€) : (Yes or No)
  • I come by : (car, train,…)
  • My favorite colors:
  • My favorite animals:
  • Do you accept a picture of you to be published in the press or in social networks ? : (Yes for both or No for both or Only Press or Only sociat network)
  • Are-you interested in the postcards group order ? : (Yes or No)
  • My favorite kind of postcard : (animals, landscapes, comics,…)
  • To know about me: (Everything you want to share to get to know each other better before the meeting)

:point_up: Please make sure to read the Meetup Guidelines before signing up for a meetup.

Postcards of the meeting :

And the back of the two :

7 Likes

Bonjouuur :dizzy:
J’ai vu dans ta story l’annonce du meetup, aussitôt vu aussitôt inscrite :eyes:
Je ne sais pas quelle sera ma situation à cette époque là de l’année mais je bloque la date !

• Participant number: 1 (toujours la première inscrite :joy:
  • My beautiful name: Mylène
  • My beautiful nickname : meihura
  • I come from: France, Andigné
  • I speak: Français, Anglais, Espagnol, Russe (un peu de portugais et de néerlandais également
  • I can write in: Français, Anglais, Espagnol & Russe
  • Food allergies, allergic to plants or essential oils: RAS
  • I participate in the meal (15-25€) : Yes
  • I come by : Probablement en voiture, après peut-être en train ça dépend
  • My favorite colors: Orange, vert d’eau et rose
  • My favorite animals: Chat
  • Do you accept a picture of you to be published in the press or in social networks ? : Oui sans soucis sur tous les moyens
  • Are-you interested in the postcards group order ? : Oui
  • My favorite kind of postcard : Paysages, costumes nationaux, personnages féeriques notamment
  • To know about me: Je suis timide aux premiers abords mais dès que je me sens en confiance, j’adore parler. Je suis drôle sur les bords (sans faire exprès souvent ahah) et maladroite

Je prépare déjà le T-Shirt vert et le tampon pour les cartes est sur le pied de guerre également :eyes:

Hâte d’y être :dizzy:
Merci à vous deux pour l’organisation de ce nouveau meeting dans l’Ouest !

2 Likes

Bonjour Mylène,

Super ! Le numéro 1 c’est le meilleur :wink:
Si tu peux venir, nous serions très contentes :grinning:.
Je te souhaite plein de courage pour ce nouveau déménagement. Tu nous raconteras :grinning:

A bientôt

Florence

1 Like
  • Participant number: 2
  • My beautiful name: Mélissa
  • My beautiful nickname : Mimikou
  • I come from: Angers
  • I speak: French English Spanish
  • I can write in: French English Spanish
  • Food allergies, allergic to plants or essential oils: yes seafood
  • I participate in the meal (15-25€) : yes of course
  • I come by : car
  • My favorite colors: orange green mustard yellow
  • My favorite animals: lions? J’ai un petit fox terrier que j"adore
  • Do you accept a picture of you to be published in the press or in social networks ? : yes
  • Are-you interested in the postcards group order ? : yes
  • My favorite kind of postcard : meet UP, books, maps, did you know?, Recipes
  • To know about me: talkative with a dry sense of humor
2 Likes

Super ! Contente de te compter parmi nous :-). :shamrock: :green_heart:

Hello ! It’s time for me to complete the form :shamrock: As I am one of the two organizers, I do not put any participant number.

• Participant number : Organizer
  • My beautiful name : Florence
  • My beautiful nickname : Floanas
  • I come from : Saint-Etienne-de-Montluc, France
  • I speak : french :fr:, english :uk:, spanish :es:, a little bit of polish :poland:.
  • I can write in : french, english, spanish.
  • Food allergies, allergic to plants or essential oils: Yes (kiwi :kiwi_fruit: buckweath, avocado :avocado:, sesame. And that’s all :sweat_smile:)
  • I come by : car
  • My favorite colors : green :green_heart: but I love all colours :rainbow:
  • My favorite animals : wolf :wolf: and owl :owl:.
  • Do you accept a picture of you to be published in the press or in social networks ? : Yes
  • Are-you interested in the postcards group order ? : Yes
  • My favorite kind of postcard : meetup, greetings from, Tabineko, Blue cats, illustrated postcards.
  • To know about me: Hello everybody ! :wave: I am glad to organize this meetup with one of my good postcrosser friend @milylcs. It is a long time I was thinking about it. That’s so nice to meet eachother and to talk about our passion, to share tips and just to have a happy time. :green_heart: I am a little bit stressed (do not worry this is in my character :joy:) to organize it cause I hope I will succeed to offer you a beautiful postcrossing day :postcard: I love creativity, organizing things but I am little bit too perfectionist (this is in my character too) :rofl: I think you know me a little bit more but I can’t wait to be on March 17th to share more :grinning:

Next one is number 3 :shamrock:

1 Like

It’s my turn :smiley:

• Participant number: 3
  • My beautiful name: Audrey
  • My beautiful nickname : audreyChPin
  • I come from: Rennes, France
  • I speak: French, English and un poquito Espagnol ^^
  • I can write in: French and English
  • Food allergies, allergic to plants or essential oils: No
  • I participate in the meal (15-25€) : Of course !
  • I come by : car and I can take 3 people with me from Rennes or from Cardo in Nantes
  • My favorite colors: Orange and Brown
  • My favorite animals: Dogs and tigers
  • Do you accept a picture of you to be published in the press or in social networks ? : Yes for both
  • Are-you interested in the postcards group order ? : Yes !
  • My favorite kind of postcard : Beutiful landscapes and city multiviews
  • To know about me: I love to knit and cook, I practice badminton and I collect postcards of landscapes from all over the world, I have a big wall full of them at home! I also correspond by letter in French or English with people from all over the world. I love opening my mailbox and discovering a letter or a postcard! :smiley: It will be my second meetup with two adorable girls I met at my first one, I can’t wait to be there ! :slight_smile:
2 Likes

Super ! Contente que tu puisses venir :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

1 Like

Bonjour dear postcrossers :upside_down_face:!
It’s my turn to introduce myself as the other of the 2 organizers so I don’t put any participant number.

• Participant number : Organizer
  • My beautiful name : Emilie
  • My beautiful nickname : Milylcs
  • I come from : Saint-Etienne-de-Montluc, France
  • I speak : french :fr:, english :uk: and spanish :es:.
  • I can write in : french :fr:, english :uk: and spanish :es:.
  • Food allergies, allergic to plants or essential oils: nothing
  • I participate in the meal (15-25€) : Yes ! :yum:
  • I come by : car or pony :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  • My favorite colors : all colours :yellow_circle::orange_circle::green_circle::red_circle::purple_circle::brown_circle::large_blue_circle:
  • My favorite animals : :cat2: cats & :horse: ponies
  • Do you accept a picture of you to be published in the press or in social networks ? : Yes
  • Are-you interested in the postcards group order ? : Yes
  • My favorite kind of postcard : illustrated and/or colorful postcards, illustrated cities or maps, cartoon characters, Xmas, Halloween, Nice houses, landscapes…
  • To know about me: Hello ! I am also happy to organize this meeting with one of my good postcrosser friend @floanas :grin:. I’m living life in the fast lane and I found my break in postcrossing. I loved attending my 1st PX meeting for WPD and I can’t wait to do it again : meet nice and interesting people, chat together and write postcards ! We’ll do our best to organize a great day ! :four_leaf_clover:

Next one is number 4 !

1 Like
  • Participant number: 4
  • My beautiful name: Marie
  • My beautiful nickname : CalliopeFromTheSea
  • I come from: La Plaine sur Mer en Loire-Atlantique
  • I speak: français, anglais, un peu espagnol et quelques restes de russe
  • I can write in: français, anglais
  • Food allergies, allergic to plants or essential oils: Je suis végétarienne
  • I participate in the meal (15-25€) : Oui si option VG possible
  • I come by : Voiture, c’est juste de l’autre coté du pont :slight_smile:
  • My favorite colors: impossible de choisir, j’aime les couleurs ensemble, pour apporter de la gaieté
  • My favorite animals: Tout pareil, je les aime dans leur diversité.
  • Do you accept a picture of you to be published in the press or in social networks ? : Pas de soucis
  • Are-you interested in the postcards group order ? : Oui mais pas en grande quantité
  • My favorite kind of postcard : Illustrations poétiques
  • To know about me: Je suis ravie de vous retrouver à l’occasion d’un nouveau meetup :green_heart:
2 Likes

Contente Marie que tu puisses venir :grinning:. On trouvera pour le repas :grinning:

It is a sunday?

Yes this is a sunday :grinning:

1 Like

I hope to know today if I can join this toghter with my Belgien friends maybe.

That would be great ! Would you be in France at that time ?

• Participant number: 5
  • My beautiful name: Lara
  • My beautiful nickname : Mamiielariie
  • I come from: Brugge, Belgium
  • I speak: English and Dutch, Little bite French
  • I can write in: English, Dutch,
  • Food allergies, allergic to plants or essential oils: I don’t eat much meat
  • I come by : (car, train,…) Car from belgium with @juytters togheter
  • My favorite colors: Pink
  • My favorite animals: cats
  • Are-you interested in the postcards group order ? : Yes of course!
  • My favorite kind of postcard : Nurse, covid, Meetingcards, Maxicards, seriecards
  • To know about me: I love to travel alot, collect postcards, I start postcrossing in 2011 already. I organised already some meetings inside Belgium the most of the time.
3 Likes
  • Participant number: 6
  • My beautiful name: Jo
  • My beautiful nickname : juytters
  • I come from: Anvers, Belgium
  • I speak: English and Dutch, French
  • I can write in: English, Dutch, French
  • Food allergies, allergic to plants or essential oils: No allergies
  • I come by : (car, train,…) Car from belgium with @Mamiielariie
  • My favorite colors: Blue
  • My favorite animals: cats
  • Are-you interested in the postcards group order ? : Yes of course!
  • My favorite kind of postcard : cats,nice drawings, rugby, commercial airplanes, Meetingcards, Blue cats, seriecards
  • To know about me: I love to travel alot, collect postcards, . I like to travel and go to meetings abroad
3 Likes

When will be the meetingcard ready?

Hello :grinning: The designs of the postcards are ready. :laughing: I will publish a message in few days cause I am now out of home. :grinning: Have a wonderful end of year :grinning:

2 Likes

super!!

1 Like