14 August 2021 Grugapark Essen

:world_map: CITY/REGION: NRW, Ruhr region
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Grugapark, Essen
:calendar: DATE: 14th August 2021
:alarm_clock: TIME: 11 o’ clock
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: going for a walk through the park, food & drinks and - of course - lots and lots of postcards

I would love to organise a small meetup in this beautiful park landscape which is situated very conveniently in the city of Essen and can be reached easily by public transportation and/or by car. Given that we do not know how the COVID-19 situation will develop over the next few weeks, I would like to limit the number of participants to ~15 people on a first come, first serve base.

I would like to meet anyone interested in a relaxed walk at one of the entrances in order to go on a leisurely stroll through the park for about an hour. On our way we can also take in the current outdoor exhibitions with paintings of “Fearless Women” by local artist Oliver Schäfer.

Having arrived at a sheltered (but outdoors) seating area (or alternatively and depending on the weather) a beer garden, we would sit down for some postcard signing, stamping and chatting with each other around midday. Anyone not interested in a walk can instead meet the rest of the group there. Food and drinks are available for purchase nearby inside the park. If we do go to the beer garden, we should all order something there. Depending on our stamina and the amount of cards you bring, the meetup will conclude around mid-afternoon. I will try my hand at designing a meetup card for this event.

You can find more information about the park on their website.

Website Grugapark Essen

Currently, there are very few COVID-19 restrictions in place for visiting the park. The park website always gives an up to date overview.

I am hoping for a few relaxed hours of Postcrossing fun in a peaceful nature environment. :deciduous_tree: :sunflower: :herb: :rose: :leaves:

Participants:

frewen
Axolotl
Mattin62

2 Likes

Count me in, I have a season ticket for the park. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I’d love to join, but I’m getting my second Corona vaccination on that day, so no chance to come.

Unfortunately, it is not possible for me to join on this Saturday :cry:
Wish you all a great meet up at Grugapark.

Hello, please put me on the list.
(Did you get my Mail?)

I have sent you a message, @Mattin62!

Please put me on the list. :slightly_smiling_face: