14 August 2021 Grugapark Essen

Is there a bus or tram stop nearby? I only know how to get to the main entrance by public transportation. :smiley:

Otherwise, the tentative schedule looks good. Iā€™d say that deciding where to eat spontaneaously is fine. (then we can also decide if we want to go to the beer garden spontaneously, but Iā€™d be fine with just sitting outside!)

@Mattin62 Sent you an email :smiley:

1 Like

The U-Bahn stop ā€œMargarethenhƶheā€ is not too far away. You basically just walk down LĆ¼hrmannstraƟe for roughly 300 metres until you walk past the parking lot at KĆ¼hlshammerweg. The entrance is right behind the parking spaces on the left side of the road up a little ramp.

1 Like

Hi! Itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve been to a Postcrossing meet-up, can I still sign up? This looks fun!

2 Likes

You are very welcome to join us next Saturday, @Caterp1llar. :slight_smile: I am about to post more updated information.

I have updated my original post at the top with up to date information for next Saturday. If you would like to have my mobile phone number (or send me yours as well) please send me a message.

And @Mattin62, thank you so much for the meetup cards! The package has just arrived by mail today.

Great, see you then! Can I still buy a few of the meet-up cards on-site? If not no worries, I can bring my own postcards.

1 Like

@Mattin62, are there still any leftover cards for @Caterp1llar? If not, I can share some of mine with you. You could have five of each style if you like.

Until yet there have been only three members interested in cards: Me, Myself and I! OK, itā€™s a joke, but I do hope there will be enough cards in stock for all of us who didnā€™t have ordered until yet. So please no panic elvirasimone. The group is mamageable and I belive: who didnā€™t order until yet, will not need more than 100 cards.
See you on Saturday!
Do you know the price for the Grugabahn-trip?

1 Like

According to the park website, a round trip ticket for adults is 4ā‚¬. I am not sure if the price is still the same as they are not stopping at the two other ā€œstationsā€ in the park at the moment. The departure point for the round trip is in one ā€œcornerā€ of the park near the petting zoo, and if any or all of you want to ride the train (which IS quite a tradition for the park, even if most passengers will be somewhat younger :wink: :laughing:), we should go there first before we start the walk.

https://www.grugapark.de/erleben/fuer_familien/grugabahn.de.html

Thank you for all of the information!

1 Like

If itā€™s not too late I would love to join you on Saturday.

2 Likes

You are very, very welcome to join us. Iā€™ll add your name to the list at the top. This is also where you can find all the information.

1 Like

I would like some postcards on Saturday if they are still available.:blush:

Oh, a new member for our meeting!

Hello Anke, a few meetingcards will be no problem and I hope a few more will be possible too.
Hope to see you on Saturday and that public transports will work reliable again without needless strike.

2 Likes

I am going to come by car.

Iā€™ll come by car as well, but I do hope public transport will work again!

Hi guys,
some pressure came my wayā€¦ so: I guess Iā€™ve no other chance than also join you on Saturday! :partying_face: :partying_face:

Iā€™m absolutely down for trip with the Grugabahn- that sounds so fun! :steam_locomotive: :notes:

The weather forecast sounds awesome- make sure to bring a had and some sunscreen. :sunny: :parasol_on_ground: :tropical_drink: :watermelon:

See you on the weekend. Iā€™m excited!! :postcrossing: :postcrossing: :postcrossing:

2 Likes

Das ist ja toll, dass du dich motivieren hast lassen und zu uns stĆ¶ĆŸt! Ich freue mich sehr, dass wir uns nach der Begegnung beim Meeting damals in OsnabrĆ¼ck so auch persƶnlich wiedersehen! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Mattin62
Somehow Iā€™ve had so much on my plate in the last few days that I completely forgot about the Meetup. Is it possible that I can still get postcards? I would like to have 5 per motif.

Dear Heike,
thatā€™s absolutely impossible to order meetup cards only two days before the meeting!!!

No, of course this was nonsense! No problem, youā€™re welcome to get your postcards on Saturday.

1 Like