11 February 2024 - Philadelphia, PA (Chinatown)

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Philadelphia, PA (Chinatown)
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE:
Chinatown (10th and Spring St) at 11am

More Sugar (Restaurant) at 12pm for Postcrossing Meetup and/or food!
125 N 11th St, Philadelphia, PA 19107

:calendar: DATE: February 11, 2024
:alarm_clock: TIME: 12pm
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Come celebrate the Lunar New Year! Itinerary below!

Lunar New Year Parade at 11am

• NOT MANDATORY!
  • ONLY if you want to watch the Lunar New Year Parade, put together by Philadelphia Suns!
  • Parade starts at 10th and Spring St and will parade to Friendship Arch (10th and Arch)

Postcrossing Meetup + food at 12pm

• Meet at More Sugar (restaurant). We have a reservation for 10 people.
  • Sign/ stamp meetup cards (will be designed by @kookeybird) :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • Sign and decorate meetup books! Bring your meetup book, or a blank notebook to start your own meetup book!
  • Bring your “unwanted” postcards to share!

Ordering Meetup Cards

• @kookeybird did a fantastic job! Thank you for designing our meetup card!
  • 4x6 postcards. Vertical design on the front. Horizontal on the back.
  • Will be 25 cents per card.
  • Each participant may purchase UP TO 50 cards MAX. This will allow us to spend more time chatting and getting to know each other.

Participants (10 MAX)
Please know that Postcrossers are given priority to sit at the reserved table. I am unable to accommodate any plus ones/ friends/ family (unless there’s room); I suggest calling More Sugar (restaurant) for your own reservations as needed. Thank you for understanding!

1. @redpanda
  2. @kookeybird
  3. @Dar
  4. @thatheavyheart
  5. @ileanatr
  6. @JazzyRose81689
  7. @jasperreads
  8. @breeze2902
  9. @NorthernPossibility
  10. @ayellowdaffodil
    – MAX –

Waitlist

1. @logicoverflow

FULL! Thank you everyone for your interests! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I would like to join!

2 Likes

I would also like to come, if I may!

2 Likes

I’m interested! Will let you know for sure by the end of the week. Also, what is a meetup book? :blush:

1 Like

@Dar , @thatheavyheart , @ileanatr I haved added you three to the list :slight_smile:

@ileanatr , it’s a notebook dedicated to meetups. Meetup participants can write on each other’s notebook and stamp/sign it (kinda like a guest book at a wedding!).

You can write about whatever

• your name, Postcrossing ID or stamp, address (if you are comfortable sharing), or a fun fact about yourself

Here’s an example of mine! I brought stickers and everyone decorated it :slight_smile: (blurred all the addresses!)

5 Likes

Fantastic! I think I’ll start one. :blush:

3 Likes

Hi! Would you please put me down as tentatively going? I will let you know by Friday evening for sure!

1 Like

Count me in! Thanks! :smiley:

2 Likes

I would love to attend. Thanks.

3 Likes

sadly, i am not able to make it this time, but i would love to swap with someone for the future meet-up card! :love_letter::sparkles:

1 Like

I can swap with you @sarahaeyo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, I double checked my calendar…I will definitely be there! I just got my bus tickets :grin:

2 Likes

I’d like to attend!

2 Likes

Hello, sorry I’m late, but just confirming - I’ll be able to attend! Thanks for hosting!

2 Likes

Sounds like a lot of fun! I would not be able to attend this one, even if there were more room. Somebody please send me a card.

2 Likes

@LovelyLindaPost I can send you one :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Hello everyone~ Here is the meetup card design! Designed by @kookeybird !! Thank you so much for your awesome work, Paige!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

They will be 4x6 postcards! Vertical design on the front, featuring the Year of the Dragon! :dragon_face: :dragon:

The cards will be 0.25 cents each. Maximum order is 50 cards per Postcrosser! You can pay via Venmo or cash (at meetup).

Thank you!

9 Likes

Great design! Love this card :smile:

1 Like

I LOVE this card! @kookeybird what an amazing job!

@redpanda should we message you with our order?

2 Likes

Hi! Yes, you can message me with how many + how you would like to pay! :slight_smile: Thank you!

1 Like