1 October 2022 - WPD Meet up Elverum

Cool! Another practical question: according to google maps it’s about a half hour walk from the bus station (where the bus from Oslo stops) to the museum at Solørvegen 151. Is this correct? Obviously I don’t mind walking :joy: but on Oct 1st the weather can be less than stellar. Is there a local bus covering that distance, in case of shitty weather?

1 Like

Well as there might be others taking the bus too I can pick you up at the bus station as I did last time.

1 Like

That would be great :smiley:

I’m thinking about it. If I go, I will drive to the museum.

1 Like

I am sure my hubby and I also can pick up some from the bus/train station

1 Like

I posted this on FB, but repeating here: I’m organizing an order of the official World Postcard Day card for this year. Let me know if you want in on it. Note that due to increased prices at Vistaprint, it will probably be around 5 kr per card. Cheaper if the order is big enough… Plus shipping if I have to send the cards to you by post. Please order by Wednesday August 24th either here or in our FB group, so everyone will have theirs in time for Oct 1st! Thanks!

Orders so far total 290 cards, which comes to approx 3.0 kr per card.

UPDATE 24th AUGUST: cards have been ordered, they come to 2.3 NOK per card. Round up the final tally for your price (e.g. 15 cards x 2.3 NOK = 34.5 = 35 kr). I will contact each of you for payment when I have received the cards and to get your address and payment for shipping as well where relevant.

The card, for those who haven’t seen it. I personally think it looks like it’s under water, with waves and seaweed :joy: Guess that wasn’t the artist’s intention!

3 Likes

We will organize pick up from the bus/train station

1 Like

Thank you very much. That is very nice.

According to Entur, the earliest I can be in Elverum is 14:15 or 15:15 on Saturday.
Travel time by public transport 3 hours and 15 minutes (or 1.5 hours by car)
So I have to see if someone can bring/take me by car or how to get there in another way.

1 Like

Hi! I discovered postcrossing about a year ago. I only send 4-5 cards a month and haven’t been to a meetup before but I would like to come to Elverum.

I will be driving from close to Jessheim and driving past Edsvoll verk train station if anybody needs/wants a lift.

3 Likes

CARD UPDATE 24th AUGUST: cards have been ordered, they come to 2.3 NOK per card. Round up the final tally for your price (e.g. 15 cards x 2.3 NOK = 34.5 = 35 kr). I will contact each of you who ordered cards for payment when I have received the cards and to get your address and payment for shipping as well where relevant.

I’m planning to come, but will give a final answer when I get home from Greece.

1 Like

So far we have these some are coming or are interested
@arcticgirl64
@Molletje
@KAS
@marit_la
@AnneBG
@Baguetta
I wrote that the meeting starts 13.00 but if someone comes by train/bus we can have another time. As transportation to Elverum can a bit difficult we adjust to them who come by public transport.

I have received the World Postcard Day cards now and will be in touch with those who have ordered cards regarding payment and delivery.

I will try to attend :slight_smile: I will drive from Stange and can take some with me in my car.

I am considering going to Elverum on Friday and stay at a hotel.
What I can see, there is a bus back to Oslo on Saturday at 17.30.

1 Like

@Tanumine, @LeishaCamden and I talked about it this weekend and it looks like we will be there. :grinning:

1 Like

I’m now sure if I’ll attend this meetup. But if @KAS has some spare WPD cards, I would like to order 5 if you could send them to me.

I do, I’ll message you about it!

I will come to this meetup. 13 o’clock is fine with me since it takes 2 1/2 drive to get to Elverum😊

1 Like

@KAS @LeishaCamden I can confirm our plans :star_struck:

1 Like