1 October 2021 - London Meetup at Stampex Stamp Show

Hurray!

Got my postcard back from the Stampex Meetup.
It was my first postcrossing meetup and I throughly enjoyed myself.

Thank you to @constanze and all those who attended and signed cards, lovely meeting you all❤️

3 Likes

Many thanks to Julian (mapcardcollector) and all who signed the beautifully designed meeting card, which I received today. It had lovely stamps and was enclosed in a plastic envelope to protect it. It couldn’t have been better! I’m sure the event was a paradise for philatelists. Next year’s World Postcard Day will be on a Saturday so it will be interesting to see what may be planned for that date!

Does anyone have some photos of the meetup? We’d love to see how it looked! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We receive a postcard from this meeting! I’m not sure who sent it to our PO box, but thank you! The special stamp and cancellation marks are especially nice and unexpected. :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

@meiadeleite Ana I’m intrigued which special stamp were you lucky to receive with this WPD MeetUp?

Ps. Thank you for personally inviting me to attend this MeetUp. It was a great first experience of a MeetUp.

@constanze thank you for organising it and making it happen

Smiles,
Seaview.

2 Likes

The stamp was machine-printed and was about the “Wish you were here” exhibition at the Postal Museum, and the cancellation mark was from Stampex itself! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@meiadeleite super cute!

Thank you for sharing the photo.

Had no idea the printed stamp would have this message :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Smiles,
Seaview

1 Like

Hi Ana @meiadeleite that would be me :wave:

@seaview liked my above post, so I’ve come back and seen all the subsequent posts.

It was my first postcrossing meetup and wasn’t sure what to expect, I had written all my postcards beforehand, so whilst everyone was writing away their WPD cards and I was waiting for some tag addresses, I thought the postcrossing team would appreciate a postcard from the meetup with the special postmark.

Sadly I didn’t take many pictures of the meetup, but @richardphilatelist has made a good video about the show which features the meeting, if you already haven’t seen it.

10 Likes

I’m glad you enjoy my video and thanks for featuring it here🥰.

3 Likes

Oh that was brilliant! :heart_eyes:

Thank you for this guided tour of the event Richard, and for letting us experience a little bit of what was happening there. So cool to see some familiar faces and hear some snippets of the talks… We really, really wish we were there!

2 Likes