1 Oct 2024 - World Postcard Day Central New Jerey Meet-up, Bordentown NJ

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Bordentown New Jersey
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Bordentown Library, 18 E Union St, Bordentown NJ 08505
:calendar: DATE: 1 Oct 2024
:alarm_clock: TIME: 5:30-8pm
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

:earth_africa:This Meet-Up will be limited to 40 individuals due to the room size. :earth_africa:
The 40 includes Postcrossing Members and their Guest (Spouse, Parent, Child, Friend, etc).

Do contact me if you are ATTENDING and let me know if you are bringing a Plus One!

:blush:MEETUP PLAN:
*Sign/stamp meet-up postcards - Bring a stamper to sign the cards or your favorite pen!
*Treasure/Trash Swap Table - Bring your “trash” postcards to swap for new “treasures.”
*Door Prizes
*Pizza!!!

:pizza:Pizza :pizza:
*This meet-up will have PIZZA from a local pizza place.
*Request individuals donate $7 USD per person to cover the cost of the pizzas, beverages, delivery fee & tip.
*Highly encourage payment via PayPal or Venmo so funds are available to pay for the food & beverage.
*Cash (USD) day of is acceptable.
*Feel free to bring a snack or dessert to share with others.
*Advise me if you are not a pizza person.
:white_check_mark:The room will be open beginning 5:30pm :white_check_mark:

Bordentown City Information

*The Bordentown Library is located in a residential area of the historic part of Bordentown City.
*Parking is available in the library parking lot. Looking at this picture, the parking lot entrance is to the left of the tree.
*Free parallel street parking is available.
*Do pay close attention to speed limit and no parking signs in the Bordentown City area.

:arrow_right:Meet-Up Card Information :arrow_left:
*Attendees will receive 1 unsigned copy of each postcard.
*Additional Meet-Up cards can be purchased for .20 each.
*Cash (USD), Venmo or PayPal payments are accepted.
*Contact me directly for advance purchases.
*Pre-orders and pre-payments really do help me and the cashier.
*The Meet-Up postcard is typical postcard size that requires 1 postcard postage stamp to mail.
Stay tuned for information regarding the availability of the Postcrossing 2024 Official World Postcard Day (WPD) postcard.

:teddy_bear:For those ATTENDING :teddy_bear:
I will reach out to you to ask the following questions to help me plan the Meet-up:

• Are you bringing a guest and what is your guest’s name?
  • What type of pizza do you prefer?
  • How many Bordentown Meet-up cards or WPD cards (if available) do you want?
  • Are you prepaying for the pizza and/or the meet-up cards via Venmo or Paypal?
    If you can, this extremely helpful for me to order the pizza and for the cashier with the Meet-up cards.

Reach out to me if you additional questions or need more information.
Looking forward to seeing returning friends and meeting new friends.
Always, Barbara (BPLUM)

6 Likes

This is the meet-up card.

Additional details regarding the meet-up will be posted once available.
Barb

9 Likes

HI Barb- I am planning to attend. I have a family meeting the following weekend, so my travel to NJ that week will tie the two things together.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll post more details about the meet-up in the upcoming months. Will let you know when that happens. Although, if you’re interested in having your WPD meet-up cards now, I can provide them to you on 20 April. (Yes, I already printed them!) ----- Barbara

2 Likes

Hallo,

What is a RSVP please ?

I wish you all a nice meeting.

Happy Postcrossing

Postkartenfan Thomas

Thomas - Great question. Thanks for asking.
RSVP is typically seen on invitations.
It is an initialism of the French phrase, “répondez s’il vous plaît.”
Translates to “Respond, if you please.”

Right now, the GOING option for this World Postcard Day Meet-Up is not enabled.
The RSVP - GOING is not available at this moment.
My plan is to enable the GOING option in July 2024 or August 2024.

Wishing you a great day. Always, Barbara

Just replying we’re planning to go so I remember to come back and rsvp! Thank you))

1 Like

Gabi - Thanks. RSVP will be open early July.
When the RSVP opens I’ll have information regarding the meet-up format, meet-up cards and anything important to know. Stay tuned for more details! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello, Barbara - I am fairly new to Postcrossings and have not attended a meet up. This sounds fun! I will check back in early July to learn more. All the best, Pam

Great! Hope you can make it. Check back early July for specific details about the meet-up.

Will do, thanks!

1 Like

I would like to sign up for this meet up. Looking forward to attending.

So glad you’re interested. Due check back within the next 2-7 days. The specifics regarding this meet-up have not be posted yet. That is my plan for this week. Once the details are posted, I’ll accept Yes RSVPs. Hope you can make it.
Barb

Thank you. I will check and sign up!

Details up. After reviewing the information, let me know if you’re interested via a PM. Thanks.

I will be attending alone. So excited!

1 Like

I’m in! I think it will just be me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

pobox 1582 – I’ll be sending you an PM soon. Do look for it. Thanks. Barbara

1 Like

Hello. I am putting this on my calendar, as I would love to attend, but it is too early to give a firm commitment on my part. Please keep me in the loop as I really would love to attend. Thank you for hosting.

1 Like

So glad you’re interested. Reach out to me when you make a decision (yes or no) regarding attending. Hope you can attend.