02.11.2024 Meet-up in NEUSTADT an der WEINSTRASSE - Vorderpfalz (Palatinate region)

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Neustadt an der Weinstrasse
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Main station
:calendar: DATE: 02. November 2024
:alarm_clock: TIME: 10:00 Uhr
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

We’ll meet at 10:00 at the main station of Neustadt an der Weinstrasse at the stairs to the tracks. That’s easy to find.

During a walk through our beautiful historical old town I will guide you and (if wanted) I will tell you some touristical details about our city, important buildings and people etc…

Depending on the lists of participants the programm can be very different. If there will be almost the same group of people then last year, we will walk an other route through our historical old town. For example we can climb the stairway (to heaven :wink: no, just joking) to the botanical area Welsch-Terrasse.
Up there we’ll have a wonderful view at the Rhine plain and Neustadt.

If it rains we will have a possibiliy to visit the Eisenbahn-Museum behind the main station tracks first. (entrance fee 5 Euro) before we stroll around on the way to the bistro (the same like in 2023 - I think it was fine to have a separate room for ourself).

On our walk to the bistro there will be some possibilities to buy postcards.

Afterwards (at 12:30/13:00) we will go to the chosen Bistro together for some food, good conversation and signing cards.

The borders to France, Luxembourg or Belgium are not too far away. So it would be great to welcome our „neighbours“ from there or from other foreign countries.

Food: the location will be the City Marktcafe https://www.bygallian.de/
IMPORTANT: there is only cash paying, no possibility to pay with EC- or creditcard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqZNtGapFtI

Meeting cards: everyone is invited to design meeting cards. I will offer some cards in the next weeks. However, please post your cards here in the thread in order to give everyone the opportunity to order them from you.

Maximum number of postcards: there is no limit to the postcards you can bring to the meeting and which you want to be signed and stamped. I will provide “Laufzettel”, of course.

Maximum number of participants: to keep it cozy, I will limit the meeting to 15 adults.

Other remarks: Neustadt has a direct train connction to the cities of Heidelberg/Ludwigshafen/Mannheim, Karlsruhe, Trier/SaarbrĂĽcken/Kaiserslautern.
Free parking is possible on the parking „Festwiese“. From there it’s about 10/15 min. to walk to the main station.
To stay over night Neustadt has a Jugendherberge/Youth hostel 2 km/30 min away from the main station.

Meet-up life hack for newbies: make sure to bring a stamp or stickers with your Postcrossing nickname. Otherwise you will sign plenty of cards by hand.

6 Likes

Participants (max. 15 adults):

1. @golleo
  2. @mikafield
  3. @Crossing-Kincade
  4. @chris2812
  5. @eselbox
  6. @ChriRu1990
  7. @mr-mo92
  8. @lillsche ??
  9. @Kira26
  10. @lusy24
  11. @anne50
  12. @MollyK
  13. @Sakule
  14. @alsace_girl

waiting list:

1. @SylviaAugustin
  2. @SylviaAugustinsBegleitung
  3. @Cloe-Leo (Elke)
  4. @Cloe-Leo (Volker)
  5. @miwi2
  6. @Gwynhyfar
  7. @Bobrox04
  8. @Bayrisches-Madl
  9. @smiling_star
  10. @shugal
2 Likes

Ich wĂĽrde gerne kommen :blush: freu mich

1 Like

Ich bin gerne wieder dabei :heart:

1 Like

Ich möchte mich gerne anmelden!

2 Likes

@mr-mo92 & ich wĂĽrden gerne teilnehmen :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Trägst du mich bitte mit einem Fragezeichen ein?
Vielen Dank liebe @golleo

1 Like

Wir bringen @Kira26 noch mit :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Super! Ich habe sie hinzugefĂĽgt. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ich bin gerne dabei :grinning:

1 Like

Ich komme sehr gerne …bitte trage mich ein. Danke

3 Likes

Bitte trag mich mit den Kindern mal mit einem ? ein.

1 Like

Ich komme auch gerne wieder nach Neustadt und melde mich hiermit an. :smiley:

1 Like

Ich würde auch gern kommen, es war so schön letztes Jahr!

2 Likes

Ich bin gerne dabei.

1 Like

Ich wäre auch gern dabei mit Wladimir (Taranov :shushing_face:)

1 Like

Hallo, setzt Du mich bitte auf die Warteliste mit 2 Personen. GruĂź Elke

1 Like

Zu spät gesehen, bitte Warteliste.

Danke, Tanja, dass du den Namen nicht richtig geschrieben hast, denn sonst wäre es kein Geheimnis mehr. :wink: Es soll Auch bitte so bleiben, solange nicht feststeht, ob es klappt. :pray:🫶🏻

@SylviaAugustin ich wusste nicht, dass es nicht dabei stehen sollte. Habe den Namen entfernt und mit +1 vermerkt.

1 Like