Your favorite Hurray Messages

Recently I received a message that was a bit of a story. The recipient explained that the postal worker left her mail exposed to rain, and thus my postcard was mostly destroyed. However, one of the stamps I used was the lenticular T-rex stamp issued a few years ago, which was printed on a plastic(?) material. The message then went on to say that the stamp had somehow ended up on the snowy ground. Due to the material of the stamp, it survived, and the rest of the hurray message was filled with excitement as she realized that stamp was salvageable and (at the time of the message) being flattened to add to her stamp collection.

18 Likes

I really like when people tell me that the postcard I chose for them was a perfect match.
β€œThanks for the postcard. This is the coolest postcard I’ve ever received. You have an excellent taste!”
β€œI like it VERY much. It is just the thing I enjoy.”
Or when they ask a question and our conversation continues for a few emails.
Recently I got a hurray message asking me if I would help them to find out more about their family member who was here in WW2 times. Maybe that will become an interesting project! I love researching the past.

8 Likes

I feel really weird about publishing actual hurray messages, to me its a private correspondence… it would put me off typing one if it were likely to be shared publicly. I realise you can’t identify people off them but it just doesn’t seem right… maybe its just me.

I’m always grateful for any hurray message but it is always lovely when someone notices that you’ve tried to pick/write/decorate something for them specifically.

13 Likes

I have sent a card of a scenery with people from Japan that was probably from the 1950s, a vintage card, that I got from a second hand bookstore in my city that was in a good condition. Such cards for me here are rare find and I kind of wanted to keep the card for myself as it was such a cool card but this Postcrosser sounded in his profile he was super seriously asking mostly for vintage cards, so I sent it for him.

In the hurray message for me, he seemed to have very impressed that that was how it actually looked like in 1950s in Japan. And I am happy that I was successful to make him happy :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Are these β€˜Hurray’ messages saved somewhere?? I like the idea of saving them and want to start saving the good ones.

I also take a lot of time in choosing the perfect card, decorating, writing something that the receiver and I may connect on. So it does feel really good getting a β€˜Hurray’ message in return telling me what the card meant to them. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

They come as emails to me…so they’re in my inbox. I just searched my inbox using β€˜Hurray!’.

And yes, it’s really wonderful when you receive a really nice Hurray after you’ve tried hard to make the card special. :slight_smile: :grinning:

5 Likes

I received a lovely note today. My card was her first ever received and she said it made her so excited about Postcrossing! This exchange was inspiring for both of us.

7 Likes

From my incoming mail, I can make separate folders. One of them is for Hurray-messages and the ones that speak most to me are also flagged. So, from as soon as I get a hurray-message, I drag it to that folder.

5 Likes

All Hurrah messages makes my day, like I’m in somewhere between in studying or wake up, and see very nice interesting E-mail from Postcrossing, that get ready for another postcard in your mailbox and receiver being happy about my sent Postcard.
Yeah, i have received one hurrah without any word!! Just blank, that one was bit sad, bjt after all)) all cards reached makes me happy))

7 Likes

π‘‘π‘œπ‘‘π‘Žπ‘¦ 𝐼’𝑣𝑒 π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘π‘’π‘–π‘£π‘’π‘‘ π‘šπ‘¦ π‘“π‘–π‘Ÿπ‘ π‘‘ β„Žπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘¦ π‘šπ‘’π‘ π‘ π‘Žπ‘”π‘’οΌŒπ‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ 𝐼 π‘€π‘œπ‘›π‘‘ π‘”π‘œ π‘–π‘›π‘‘π‘œ π‘‘π‘’π‘‘π‘Žπ‘–π‘™ π‘Žπ‘π‘œπ‘’π‘‘ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ π‘šπ‘’π‘ π‘ π‘Žπ‘”π‘’οΌŽπ‘Žπ‘™π‘‘β„Žπ‘œπ‘’π‘”β„Ž 𝑖𝑑 𝑑𝑖𝑑 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙 𝑛𝑖𝑐𝑒 π‘‘π‘œ 𝑏𝑒 π‘Žπ‘π‘˜π‘›π‘œπ‘€π‘™π‘’π‘‘π‘”π‘’ π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ β„Žπ‘Žπ‘£π‘’ π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘π‘’π‘–π‘£π‘’π‘‘ π‘Ž π‘™π‘œπ‘£π‘’π‘™π‘¦ π‘šπ‘’π‘ π‘ π‘Žπ‘”π‘’ :white_heart::sparkles:

6 Likes

Some people with mutual interests like to stay in touch and I now have friends (mailpals)from different countries. Very nice! Some of them I even get to meetπŸ™‚

5 Likes

One particular message was really great, they thanked me a lot for my effort and it was such a long and nice message (their longest ever) whilst my post was making their day, it made my day too to get this wonderful thank you reply!

4 Likes

One replied and told me that she loves me so much. :smile::blush:🫠

5 Likes

That is so sweet :joy::heart_eyes: Not implying this is the case with you but I find especially native Japanese speakers will say certain things in English with just slightly the wrong word or phrasing and it always makes whatever they’re trying to say sound so much sweeter and more endearing. It’ll turn an everyday phrase into a tiny poem.

7 Likes

On the other day I received a hurray message from a user who had received a couple of thousand cards and they wrote that my card was one of their all time favourites. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: They also wrote that I have nice handwriting, I don’t get that compliment a lot.

12 Likes

I save mine in a special email folder in my email box too. :heartpulse:

3 Likes

I love the ones where the recipient says they enjoyed the card. I know they mean that they loved reading it or were glad to receive it but it just sounds like they liked it so much they ate it.

22 Likes

A recent hurray I received, the person said she loved the stamps and postcard i sent. I learned the wind where she’s from usually means cold and unpleasant. I’ve never thought of wind that way except in certain conditions.

This is the kind of stuff I really like about Postcrossing. We can learn so much about each other and places around the world in just a few sentences.

5 Likes

I always express my gratefulness and answer mostly same extensive like writing a postcard…sometimes, when I’ve been able to check the profile, I refer to themes mentioned there.
But when I get a card with only: β€œGreetings from Blabla” - I Hooray same short way.

3 Likes

I received a very nice hurray message recently. The recipient really enjoyed the card and was planning on framing it. However, they couldn’t decide which side to display because they liked both sides of the card.

(My suggestion was to hang it freely from the ceiling :rofl:)

13 Likes