Your favorite Hurray Messages

Your message made me laugh and reminded me of an article I read about an interview with Maurice Sendak who wrote and illustrated the children’s book Where the Wild Things Are. I looked it up and here is a quote from it.

“Once a little boy sent me a charming card with a little drawing on it. I loved it. I answer all my children’s letters — sometimes very hastily — but this one I lingered over. I sent him a card and I drew a picture of a Wild Thing on it. I wrote, “Dear Jim: I loved your card.” Then I got a letter back from his mother and she said, “Jim loved your card so much he ate it.” That to me was one of the highest compliments I’ve ever received. He didn’t care that it was an original Maurice Sendak drawing or anything. He saw it, he loved it, he ate it.”

22 Likes

A granny with the granddaughters: “The girls are loving it and will put it in her treasure Box. They check it out every day.”
I was really happy, reading this.

12 Likes

I love, when people write that my card is the best they have ever received - as I always agonize over every card/stamp I send and which postmark I can get. :slight_smile:

One message really, still, sticks out for me. The Postcrosser wrote ‘your handwriting is art.’ :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

I got another really super “thank you”, which ended with “Your handwriting is exquisite, serving as an inspiration for me to strive for improvement.” :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

I got another really nice message which ended with “… BTW, I love your handwriting!”. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Everyone likes it when postcards are delivered quickly but my favorite Hurray! Messages are actually the ones from postcards arriving after taking a long time to arrive. These are extra special because they’re usually from postcards that I thought were lost forever, like this one that I got today

14 Likes

Just got one a couple of days ago, stating my card was the most creative one they have ever received and it had brought them to tears… the recipient asked to be pen pals, too :grin:.

12 Likes

I always love when people take the time to write something in the Hurray message! Especially when they respond to something on the card or tell me about their experiences visiting my state!

4 Likes

I know I’ve accomplished my mission to send a most suitable card when the receiver is so pleased with it and asks me for my address to send me a card in return. I’ve never given it, but ask them to pay it forward and try their best to please the next person whose address they draw.
This has happened quite a few times already.

10 Likes

I got another HURRAY message I love :heartpulse: :

“… your handwriting is also AMAZING.” :blush:

6 Likes

This is my favorite

Hurray message removed by moderator as it is not allowed to make them public
You can describe only in general terms what you can read in it - without revealing anything private.

5 Likes

This subject is a wonderful idea, thanks a lot Anna @SoothingSpiral about that.
I love HURRAY messages so sooo sooo much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
For me, it’s one of the most beautiful things in Postcrossing. This gives a feeling of having been present when our postcard was read. :heart:
I stick my favorite messages in a notebook.

5 Likes

Hurray message removed by moderator as it is not allowed to make them public
You can describe only in general terms what you can read in it - without revealing anything private.*

I was very happy with this one, I love when people tell me short stories like that. The best part of it is that I actually had a bit of trouble with choosing the card for this person (“you can send anything” scares me haha), I felt a bit stunted with what to write as I didn’t find much in common between us, completely different demographic. But in the end it’s one of my favourite hurray messages.

I also got some nice feedback on the forum exchanges and especially with direct swaps. Direct swaps usually feel the most personal, so I like doing these.

3 Likes

I love getting these and have received this comment a lot. I love it :smiley:

2 Likes

My 8 year old sent a card to an older lady in The Netherlands in April. It took very little time to arrive, and she wrote a beautiful hurray message that Eliza still talks about from time to time. The lady was very touched by the kind, thoughtful message Eliza wrote, and shared a little about her dog. It was a nice snapshot of her life and we appreciated how this small exchange of kindness and warmth brightened our life.

7 Likes

I got a really special hurray message that I’d love to share about. In the postcrosser’s profile, she said how much she loves watching baseball and how important it is to her. In my postcard to her, I said that I’m an NBA fan, but I really don’t get why people love baseball so much - I’ve tried and I find it super boring.

In her hurray message back, she took the time to tell me why it’s so special to her and how it’s been really positive in her life and how it helps her personally - this really beautiful message. Well, guess what? I watch baseball now :joy: And it’s a work in progress but I kind of love it. Her hurray message motivated me to try it. I’m even reading a book on baseball that she recommended :baseball: 🩵

11 Likes

Same here! I wonder if she could convince me, too!

1 Like

I watch…. Baseball because I am curious how they score the points and this sport is often featured in Japanese anime and manga. Without any success, this sport remain a mystery to me.

What is Home Run?? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

As a kid I was very into baseball, also due to some American friends.

It stopped after I accidently threw the ball directly in the face of a good friend and broke her nose. While this happened she threw away the bat and slapped accidently her sister on the head. I and another friend ran to them and crashed together with our heads really hard. Four injured kids after playing 10 minutes.
Well done! Happy there weren’t smartphones and social media back then :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Nowadays it is a tragedy, if something bad, or embarassing happens!

In the past most people would just have done nothing :roll_eyes:, nowadays one would be photographed or filmed. :confounded:

1 Like