Your favorite Hurray Messages

My 4th SENT card was the 2000th of the receiver. He told it to me in the hurray message with a very long text.
I was new to Postcrossing so it touched me a lot. (I think I will always be happy to be a round number, but the fact I just started postcrossing was a big thing to me)

Another hurray message that touched me was to someone who loved stamps and cars. I sent him a postcard of the 50th anniversary of 24h of Le Mans stamp (the postcard was the image of the old stamp) wich I stamped with the 100th anniversary stamp of the same car race (which was this year). I could feel his Joy in the message.

I love too when the receiver tells me that my card is exactly what they appreciate, or find the card very funny. :blush:

6 Likes

Your message made me laugh and reminded me of an article I read about an interview with Maurice Sendak who wrote and illustrated the children’s book Where the Wild Things Are. I looked it up and here is a quote from it.

“Once a little boy sent me a charming card with a little drawing on it. I loved it. I answer all my children’s letters — sometimes very hastily — but this one I lingered over. I sent him a card and I drew a picture of a Wild Thing on it. I wrote, “Dear Jim: I loved your card.” Then I got a letter back from his mother and she said, “Jim loved your card so much he ate it.” That to me was one of the highest compliments I’ve ever received. He didn’t care that it was an original Maurice Sendak drawing or anything. He saw it, he loved it, he ate it.”

19 Likes

A granny with the granddaughters: “The girls are loving it and will put it in her treasure Box. They check it out every day.”
I was really happy, reading this.

11 Likes

I love, when people write that my card is the best they have ever received - as I always agonize over every card/stamp I send and which postmark I can get. :slight_smile:

One message really, still, sticks out for me. The Postcrosser wrote ‘your handwriting is art.’ :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

I got another really super “thank you”, which ended with “Your handwriting is exquisite, serving as an inspiration for me to strive for improvement.” :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

I got another really nice message which ended with “… BTW, I love your handwriting!”. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Everyone likes it when postcards are delivered quickly but my favorite Hurray! Messages are actually the ones from postcards arriving after taking a long time to arrive. These are extra special because they’re usually from postcards that I thought were lost forever, like this one that I got today

9 Likes

Just got one a couple of days ago, stating my card was the most creative one they have ever received and it had brought them to tears… the recipient asked to be pen pals, too :grin:.

9 Likes

I always love when people take the time to write something in the Hurray message! Especially when they respond to something on the card or tell me about their experiences visiting my state!

1 Like

I know I’ve accomplished my mission to send a most suitable card when the receiver is so pleased with it and asks me for my address to send me a card in return. I’ve never given it, but ask them to pay it forward and try their best to please the next person whose address they draw.
This has happened quite a few times already.

5 Likes