Your experience with Aliexpress?

I found so many cute cards on Alixpress but I’m unsure as the feedback is very different. Have any of you buy there? What are your experiences and how long does the shipping take? Thank you :pray:

1 Like

I notice that some Chinese members are against Aliexpress or Taobao cards

Do they tell the reasons?

They can basically buy their own. I saw that reason on one of the profiles and I resonate with it.

1 Like

I only remember one profile talking about copyright issue.

Last year I received Marvel Avengers card which I think bought from this market place.
I believe it’s not copyrighted. It says Avengers Infinity War but it shows Ant Man and Hawkeye. Everybody knows that they are not in Avengers Infinity War movie :rofl:

1 Like

I know Aliexpress very well but do not buy postcards on it.
For my part to France, the delivery times vary between 15 days if I am lucky to 3 months!

2 Likes

I had not looked at postcards on AliExpress but am going to go browse now. I have bought some cheap washi tape and been happy with it. The rolls tend to be much shorter but I like the variety and price. It seems to stick better than I thought it would too.

2 Likes

I usually buy stationary there (stickers and washi tapes). Delivery time can be different, in the beginning of the month I ordered little bits from 5-6 different shops, all arrived already.

I bought some cards there before too, the shaped ones with cats, the ocean-themed set with fluorescent bits, and I buy small size postcards-bookmarks (like in form of flowers or fish), they work well as an addition to big envelope swaps.

Personally, I wouldn’t buy sets with Disney, posters, old movie actors etc. there because usually they are quite poor quality of both paper and picture (judging by some I received from Chinese, Taiwanese and Russian users)

2 Likes

I have bought many different postcard sets from Ali. I especially like the art cards, and I use these a lot for postcrossing. Delivery to Belgium is usually about 2 months.

1 Like

Well, I’m not sure if I’m happy or not that I now know they sell postcards. After reading this post I went browsing and $14 dollars later… I don’t need more postcards but I’ll see what they are like :smiley:

2 Likes

I noticed those shaped cat ones. Are they a good postcard size? Was worried they might be smaller.

They are a bit smaller than regular postcards depending on exact cat though, but good enough to go through post (let’s say the beermat is something about uncomfortable small size to send for my taste - anything inbetween postcard and beermat is ok, but even beermats arrive safely in 75% of cases)

There is a place for stamps, addresses, short message, I sent them to various countries without envelope, they arrived safely

The one of the picture is from biggest of the set, but other ones are not too tiny either. It might be that some of them lost on the way, but not that I remember of
2 Likes

Thank you for the response. Maybe next time I’m tempted to aliexpress those will be in my cart :smiley:

1 Like

I think they are also perfect to send to children’s profiles! Kids are not that interested in text anyway, but shape and bright colours. I have another set with people in different poses and they are too small to be sent by post, but my toddler loves them - I sacrifice one a week to be chewed and bent, so my other postcards stay safe :smile:

5 Likes

So after reading all the responses I’m worried about copyright because I do not want that artists get hurt. But artist from
China make really nice cards there as well. So it’s 50:50. But the shipping time sounds terrible as well haha

What does is interesting it’s not overall cheap, I saw this postcards which I just bought a few days at Amazon for like 20 in Germany XD

1 Like

I have bought from there in the past, before Covid. Loved my cards, took prob five or six weeks. They have cute cards. If Chinese postcrossers dont want them then send to other people.
When buying cards look at their sizes. The Lomo cards are much smaller then a regular size card.

1 Like

As a Chinese, I want to share my opinion. China produces a lot of cards, and some of them are even exported to many foreign stores. However, due to the lack of strict control over copyright issues in China, many pictures on the back of the card are not authorized (it has improved in recent years). I think it is Okay to buy cards on AliExpress The premise is that you have to make sure that the pictures on the card are genuine.

3 Likes

Yeah, I think the reason why Chinese postcrossers are usually against Aliexpress/Taobao cards because they exhibit to have copyright issues. One thing I especially love about the Chinese postcrossing community is people voluntarily support the properly licensed cards, even if they cost significantly more.

However, I think some shops on Taobao like Momicafe 猫的天空之城, Ever&Ein, Marmara, and 纸心 are worth recommending. Momicafe is one of my favorite shops on Taobao since their postcards are made of FSC-certified paper and printed with Soy Ink. More generally, on Aliexpress / Taobao, postcards costing around 3-5 yuan, typically sold individually, are typically properly licensed.

3 Likes