World Circus Day 17th April, Show us your Stamps and Postcards!

Hi Folks, my first time Posting a Topic for discussion, hope I’m doing it the right way in the right location!
Today ( 17th April ) is World Circus Day. Although many events have been postponed across the world a lot is still happening and it’s such a colourful topic I thought it would be great to see it recognised on Postcrossing.
Many countries over many years have issued both Stamps and Postcards featuring the Circus, Circus acts and Clowns.
I will start with some recent beautiful Minisheets from Monaco which has consistently issued wonderfully designed cards and stamps along this theme and here’s another from Kyrgyz Express Post ( Kyrgyzstan ). Monaco has postponed the Monte Carlo International Circus Festival until 2022.
Dig out those Stamps and Postcards themed around the Circus, love to see this shared !
Best Wishes, Derek

12 Likes

and here are some Postcards ! Enjoy !

7 Likes

Wow, those are super detailed stamps - they’re beautiful, I would have thought they were postcards - very cool, thanks for sharing

1 Like

I read this as “World Cicus Day” and got very excited to tell @cicus :joy:

2 Likes

Who doesn’t love a circus!:clown_face:

My Stamps! Sending a postcard soon to AZ!

image|340x231.

5 Likes

I just found this one in a bag of old stamps I bought for a few cents (if I ever would been hit by creativity - didn’t happen so far)

Recently we watched “Circus” with Charlie Chaplin - great film!

4 Likes

Wow , that’s one amazing card and the stamps are brilliant, Thanks …
Derek

France 2017, a really colourful Carnet set of 12 stamps themed to “The Circus”

5 Likes

Woohoo! :smiley: But you know, cicus means a little kitty, and for little kitties and their owners it’s a cicus day every day!

4 Likes

Two stamps from Cyprus issued for 2002 Europa Series

2 Likes

Wow! These French stamps remind me Russian children’s book I had got when I was a kid.
https://kid-book-museum.livejournal.com/72439.html

1 Like

From the Netherlands (2011):
(jaar = year)

4 Likes

And we (=Netherlands) had these:
(image from internet)

2 Likes