Women in Science postcard set

Does anyone have a full list of female scientists which are featured in this set? (https://www.rachelignotofskydesign.com/women-in-science)

I hope to collect all one day, but it’s hard to track the progress. For Good night stories for Rebel girls I found the whole list almost immediately, but not for this one.

Also I’m wondering are there more postcards sets about women of the same style, which I don’t know yet :thinking:

5 Likes

Rad American Women A-Z Postcards is quite popular. I saw these cards many times in postcrossing home page under recent postcards gallery.

Brave. Black. First.

Fantastically Great Women

2 Likes

Give me a minute, I have a complete list saved somewhere, I’ll post it as soon as I find it.

1 Like

Thank you! The third one seems exactly in my wishlist! Other two less, but also very interesting ^^

On unrelated note: I always see Valentina Tereshkova in these sets, first female astraunaut/cosmonaut and all, but knowing whole story - controversal, like because of some her behaviour Korolev forbid any other women in space, I’m interested about full story about other women in these set, not only the bright side

I was counting on that someone did it already :laughing:

1 Like

@Xute - I clicked on your link above and there is a RESOURCE box on the lower right side. Click that and it brings up the entire list along with websites regarding each woman. There may be some video also.

1 Like
  • Hypatia
  • Maria Sibylla Merian
  • Wang Zhenyi
  • Mary Anning
  • Ada Lovelace
  • Elizabeth Blackwell
  • Hertha Ayrton
  • Karen Horney
  • Nettie Stevens
  • Florence Bascom
  • Marie Skłodowska-Curie
  • Mary Agnes Chase
  • Lise Meitner
  • Lillian Gilbreth
  • Emmy Noether
  • Edith Clarke
  • Marjory Stoneman Douglas
  • Alice Ball
  • Gerty Cori
  • Jean Beauchamp Procter
  • Cecilia Payne
  • Barbara McClintock
  • Maria Mayer
  • Grace Hopper
  • Rachel Carson
  • Maryam Mirzakhani
  • May-Britt Moser
  • Mae Jemison
  • Katia Kraft
  • Elizabeth Blackburn
  • Sau Lan Wu
  • Jocelyn Bell Burnell
  • Christiane Nüsslein-Volhard
  • Patricia Bath
  • Valentina Tereshkova
  • Sylvia Earle
  • Jane Goodall
  • Annie Easley
  • Vera Rubin
  • Esther Ledeberg
  • Rosalyn Yalow
  • Rosalind Franklin
  • Jane Cooke Wright
  • Katherine Johnson
  • Gertrude Elion
  • Mamie Phipps Clark
  • Hedy Lamare
  • Chien-Shiung Wu
  • Dorothy Hodgkins
  • Rita Levi-Montalcini
10 Likes

Thank you, that’s very useful advice, I feel like I haven’t researched enough (I guess this list covers all women, not only from postcards, from her book too: https://www.rachelignotofskydesign.com/women-in-science-resources), I guess that would be safe to assume that most of them appear on the postcards

You’re a saviour! Thank you))

1 Like

I took the names from the artists page as well! I once needed those for something, so I saved you the trouble of writting them unto a list.

1 Like

Hi!!
I’ve got all the set!! Women in science | Flickr
If you want, we can swap some cards in envelope! Just send me a private message :slight_smile:
And I also have some cards from Good night stories for rebel girls: https://www.flickr.com/photos/161199014@N06/albums/72157711909428163

2 Likes

there is a set on black women in history. I k
just got the set

1 Like

Hello I have the set! I usually send it whenever I draw a kid profile :smile:
I am not collecting them specifically so I can swap with some other cards if anyone is interested.

2 Likes

There is also a new set out now: Women in Art. The Postcard Set RR always has a broad group for Inspiring Women and some specific groups too for Women in Science and Women in Art. Feel free to check it out.

2 Likes

Since then I’ve collected all from science :star_struck: thanks to wonderful swap with @BabyShukra (Beatriz, I do remember about you dear and your wonderful messages :heart: it was slipping a bit from my mind and hands to write you to swap more)

I wish I had any of these sets myself to participate the mentioned RRs (I’m crippled a bit for RRs anyway since the US → RU connection is broken)

2 Likes

It was a pleasure to swap with you!! You know you can write me any time! It would be so nice to swap again :heart:

1 Like