Which country is most prolific in writing postcards?

Sorry! :see_no_evil::joy: And it doesn’t help that we all are telling our friends about it, either! :sweat_smile:

14 Likes

I’m so sorry! Sometimes I think the same. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Don’t worry, Germany is a nice country, mail is usually quite fast to/from there :grin:

7 Likes

Yesterday, I visited the website of the German Post to see if I could buy German stamps from abroad, but in vain… However, I was surprised to find a short ad about Postcrossing at the bottom of a page about sending mail! This may also explain why there are many postcrossers in Germany, although there are proportionally more in some smaller countries.
I look forward to attending my first German meetup in April 2022. I hope I’ll be able to send lots of postcards at the fabulously low German fares (compared to the absurdly high fares we have in Italy for mail to non-European countries)! :joy: It won’t be as enthralling as sending 3-digit official postcards from San Marino :san_marino: , but my wallet will be happy! :smiley:
It’s true that I sometimes wish I’d receive fewer postcards from Germany and more from rare countries, but most German postcrossers meet my tastes and their postcards are delivered within few days! :heart_eyes:

12 Likes

German postcards :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

We also don’t have a tradition of sending postcards here in Russia, although it was very popular in the USSR (which is why so many excellent Soviet postcards have survived).
For me discovering Postcrossing was a joyous surprise, and there is an element of nostalgia in this hobby for people of my generation (I’m 50) :blush:

17 Likes

I’m trying my best to be at the top of that list, but I need more help from my fellow citizens. :rofl: My country is #65 by sent postcard.

9 Likes

for me all country the best. :rofl:

3 Likes

I made this exact topic a little while ago. :slight_smile: If you dig deep, you can see that Finland did, in fact, be more prolific…but now it’s all US, Germany, and Russia. (I haven’t updated the stats in several months, but I imagine nothing much has changed.)

3 Likes

My country (Canada) is not very active in Postcrossing. I’m not sure whether it’s because many of us have fallen out of the habit of corresponding, or if it’s because Canada Post is rather expensive!

3 Likes

Lately I find that I mostly send and receive cards to Russia and China. I do get a few from Germany and a scattering from some other countries. But it seems very limited lately. Curious as to what has changed.

1 Like

For fun… Take a look on this page!!
Ranking by postcards sent (last 60 days) (postcrossing.com)

Germany 10 out of 10 :dizzy_face:. They really are diehard postcrossers!!

4 Likes

Surely the stats must be worked out per population…Germany has a large population and they love sending out cards BUT that doesn’t make them the most prolific. I get more cards from Russia and the Netherlands than I do from Germany though they are the three I get the most from. I jump up and down when I get to either receive or send a card to a little country like this week…Puerto Rico will be getting a card from me…YIPPEE!!!

3 Likes

This is mine for all time))

I agree!

3 Likes

I’ve noticed that I get a lot of postcards from Germany. Like, a ton. Yet, I’ve never gotten any from Finland. Also, what part puts Finland at the top of this list, since it looks like countries like Germany, the US, and Russia have higher numbers? Am I missing or misunderstanding something here?

The table is sorted according to the last column i.e. postcards sent per a million people in the country.

3 Likes

It would be nice if Explore countries and territories in Postcrossing had a switch, or column, to be per capita. Where would I make that suggestion?

2 Likes

You can have a look here in the Suggestions category to see if it’s been suggested/discussed before, and if not feel free to go ahead and start a topic to suggest it! :slight_smile:

And welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

last time I sent a postcard to Germany.It only took 17 days!