Where was an amazing place you've sent a Postcard from?

We’ve all sent Postcards out from varying places but, is there a certain place that is memorable from which you’ve sent a postcard out??? Please share below…
For myself, I recently had such an experience. I sent a Postcard out from the Zugspitze Mountain in Germany’s highest Mountain (2,962 metres). At the top are mailboxes for the German Post & the Austrian Post. Since I never received mail from Austria, I got myself a Postcard + postage on the Austrian side of the Zugspitze.
That very Postcard made it’s way to my home in Hawaii. The idea that it travelled so far especially from atop a mountain, amazes me. I have here both the mailbox I used, plus, my card.

10 Likes

I’ve sent postcards from the top of Petronas Tower in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, from the Postal Museum in Singapore, and from a jetty in Busselton, Western Australia. The most amazing place I’ve sent postcards from, though, is Siem Reap, Cambodia. The town is so close to places like Angkor Wat and Ta Prohm, with their history and culture. It was an honour to visit there twice…

3 Likes

And how many days did it take to get from the top of Zugspitze to the Northern shores of Hawaii?

The Postcard? I think only about 10 or 12 days. I was surprised by how fast it came to my address.

1 Like

Wow I haven’t been to neither Cambodia nor Malaysia but, I’ve been to Thailand & Bali,Indonesia of which I sent myself postcards from those countries and I still have them in my collection.

1 Like

Hello @Northshoreguy44
the mailbox on your photo is a very old Austrian mailbox. They are very rare :slight_smile: Most of the mailboxes are modernized. The stamp is devalued in the “Briefzentrum Tirol”. This is a Mail-Center which is located in Hall in Tirol / Austria :austria:

Would you like to get a postcard from Graz in Austria with a nice stamp?

1 Like

PS: On my profile picture you can see a normal mailbox from our country :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have traveled very little in my life but the very few places has been Maui and the Zugspitze. :smile_cat:

2 Likes