Where to buy postcards in Vietnam

I’ll be traveling to Vietnam soon and I had looked for a travel report or something of the like on here and didn’t find anything. I’ll be mostly in Hanoi, Hue, and Hoi An and would love to send in travel mode. Any postcrossers who live or have traveled to Vietnam, do you know where to get postcards in those cities? Do major tourist spots (like some of the UNESCO WHS) sell them?

Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you for asking this question @mty as I will also be traveling to Vietnam later this year.
I look forward to learning along with you, and would be grateful if you could post details of your postcards and stamp hints, postboxes and how travel mode works for you once in Vietnam.
Thanks!

1 Like

I spent two months in Hanoi last year and also visited Hoi An and Ho Chi Minh. I wasn’t into postcrossing at the time, but I remember seeing postcards in the typical souvenir shops and at post offices.

You might also want to look up local artists on social media. I visited this place in Ho Chi Minh City and I really liked: Oh Quao.

In Hanoi, one of my favorite shops, which has a lot of illustrations and art, is Collective Memory. I don’t recall if they had postcards, but you can contact them on Instagram, they speak English.

I truly regret not buying any postcards while I was in Vietnam. It was an incredible experience. Have a wonderful trip! It’s very hot this time of year, so take care.

4 Likes