Where do you buy your postcards?

Here in India I am buying cards with India motif from this very nice site called Postcards Ville I feel they are reasonably priced and I have got a couple of sets of Indian sceneries, lighthouses and others to send out.

2 Likes

They look really nice, thank you for mentioning the site! :))

1 Like

If anyone lives in the Fargo, North Dakota metro area, Lee’s Hallmark Shop at West Acres Mall (3902 13th Ave S, Unit 3717, Fargo, ND 58103, United States) sells postcards!

That is a good place to get them.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply! Maybe someone will come across this post and will find it helpful.

1 Like

Charity and second hand shops have postcards. I also visit flea markets. In many places there are giftboxes or freeboxes where you can get cards free of charge. Websites with local classified ads also have section “to give away for free”.

1 Like

Hello, greetings from Northern California.
When I started Postcrossing, I always went to
Bookshops
Tourist areas of my city.
After talking to other postcrossers by meet-ups that’s when my postcard searching increased. I remember I traded with others, and then I was just asking around for secrets and hidden gems in the city for more postcards.

Thrift shops
Flea markets
Garage/Yard sales

These seem the best for me. I can usually get a box for a really low price.
For touristy cards or city local cards I usually go to Chinatown in San Francisco but the best I’ve had is in New York City around Broadway I remember getting 20 for 1USD

1 Like

I have an Etsy store and sell Canadian themed postcards. If you’d like to support a female, Indigenous owned small business please check me out. Thanks for looking and I hope this ok to post here:)

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your comment! I appreciate every suggestion!

Yes, of course it’s okay to post here. Your cards are lovely, thank you for sharing!

Thank you !

1 Like

Postcards are generally sold in stationery stores and bookstores in China. Some scenic spots and universities have their own joint names or buy them on e-commerce platforms.

1 Like

At the holidays, we went to the train station to drop off family members. I learned there’s a small gift shop and cafe there that has very reasonably priced tourist cards! Perhaps other cities and countries will have this too?
Seems reasonable since train travel is used more regularly in other countries, and passenger trains are not used as much in the USA, although I really enjoy it.

2 Likes

I’ve purchased postcards from all over: thrift shops, gift shops, sports stores, restaurants, etc. I’ve also had friends bring me postcards from their travels.

I also make and sell my own postcards, feel free to check them out :slight_smile: prismaticquest.com

2 Likes

Forgot to mention that museums and art galleries can also be a great source of art cards!

3 Likes

Big famous hotels like Marriott or Hyatt usually have a store inside and they carry different kinds of postcards of their town.

1 Like

Where have you bought Lantern Press cards? I looked at their website and only see wooden postcards. TIA!

I’m sorry, what are Lantern Press cards?

Lantern Press is a US company that publishes postcards of National Parks, cities, and more. They are very colorful. A lot of people seem to want them and collect them. I’m trying to figure out places to buy them🙂

2 Likes

Have you tried their Zazzle store?

https://www.zazzle.com/store/lanternpress/products

Thank you :blush: