Where do you buy your postcards?

That’s where I got mine too, at tourist shops.

Thank you for the suggestions! I should go to museums more often hehe:)

1 Like

That’s so interesting, thank you for sharing! Unfortunately I haven’t come across vintage postcards though I like them a lot. I’ll look into it more.

I recently came across an Etsy shop and I loved their designs, they’re so pretty! Thank you:))

2 Likes

I like them too! Especially since I haven’t had the chance to travel very much. I just think a lot of them are tacky or kinda ugly :grimacing: Some even have low quality photographs on them which is annoying. But overall I wouldn’t be mad to receive one!

hello, I’m new here, and as I edit my postcards that I also sell, that’s how I found this site and I like it! I have a choice with all my cards, for me it’s simple.

1 Like

That’s so cool! If you want share the link so I could check out your post cards :))

oh, thank you :slight_smile: https://www.etsy.com/fr/shop/CouleurNatureDeco
I did not put for all the countries because we cannot send to Germany it is difficult with tax, and I can add other countries. With etsy, you have to send by post, so it’s quickly expensive for other countries, 5 € under 100 g and 10 € if you exceed!

1 Like

Your cards are very beautiful! Thank you for sharing! I would love to buy some eventually :))

Thank you for my cards ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I purchased postcards from a website called Zazzle. There were numerous options to choose from. Search by what you’re interested in and you can find almost any type of postcard.

1 Like

I found a new source for cards β€” a secondhand bookshop that specializes in ephemera. On my last visit, I found about a dozen very nice unused, prepaid β€œanywhere” postcards. The bookshop owner sold them to me for $2 each, which was a good deal as overseas postcards now cost $2.71 to send. I was so pleased!

3 Likes

Thank you for your replies, they’re really helpful. You all gave me great ideas and recently I’ve found some pretty postcards!

1 Like

I purchased mine off Etsy! However, I sometimes look through antique or vintage stores for cheap postcards. Gas stations in the USA tend to sell tourist-themed ones, where I get a lot of my Louisiana-specific cards.

1 Like

That’s wonderful!

For affordability, my local best bets are:

• local tourist shops – for touristy cards depicting the same handful of local β€œsights” over and over.
  • thrift and charity shops, especially church thrift shops – for cards of every imaginable type. (Tip: thrift shops often mix them in with greeting cards, which no one ever seems to buy, so you may be the only person specifically looking for postcards there!)

I also sometimes buy cards via Etsy etc., but only rarely as the shipping often makes the total cost too high. (I rarely order from the U.S.A. anymore because shipping to Canada is always via tracked shipping, now very expensive.) Zazzle is worth trying, especially if you wait for one of their 50%-off days!

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll keep all of these in mind.

πΌπ‘š 𝑛𝑒𝑀 π‘‘π‘œ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ π‘π‘œπ‘ π‘‘π‘π‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘ π‘ π‘–π‘›π‘” π‘π‘œπ‘šπ‘šπ‘’π‘›π‘–π‘‘π‘¦ π‘Žπ‘™π‘‘β„Žπ‘œπ‘’π‘”β„Ž 𝐼’𝑣𝑒 π‘Žπ‘™π‘€π‘Žπ‘¦π‘  π‘π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘ π‘’π‘‘ π‘π‘œπ‘ π‘‘π‘π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘  π‘“π‘œπ‘Ÿπ‘“π‘’π‘› π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ π‘Žπ‘‘π‘‘ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’π‘š 𝑖𝑛 π‘šπ‘¦ π‘π‘’π‘›π‘π‘Žπ‘™π‘  π‘šπ‘Žπ‘–π‘™ π‘œπ‘’π‘‘π‘”π‘œπ‘–π‘›π‘”π‘  π‘Žπ‘  π‘ π‘‘π‘Žπ‘‘π‘–π‘œπ‘›π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘¦οΌŽπ‘π‘’π‘‘ 𝐼 π‘›π‘œπ‘Ÿπ‘šπ‘Žπ‘™π‘™π‘¦ π‘π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘ π‘’ π‘šπ‘¦ π‘π‘œπ‘ π‘‘π‘π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘  π‘“π‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘š π΄π‘šπ‘Žπ‘§π‘œπ‘› 𝑑𝑒𝑝𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’π‘šπ‘’ 𝐼 π‘€π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ 𝑖𝑓 𝐼 π‘π‘Žπ‘› 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑑 π‘–π‘‘οΌŒ π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ π‘Žπ‘  𝑀𝑒𝑙𝑙 π‘Žπ‘  π‘šπ‘¦ π‘™π‘œπ‘π‘Žπ‘™ π‘π‘œπ‘ π‘‘ π‘œπ‘“π‘“π‘–π‘π‘’ , π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ π‘™π‘œπ‘π‘Žπ‘™ π‘‘π‘œπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘ π‘‘π‘  π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘’π‘Žπ‘  π‘€β„Žπ‘’π‘› 𝐼 𝑔𝑒𝑑 π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘›π‘π‘’ π‘‘π‘œ π‘”π‘œ 𝑖𝑛 π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ 𝑙𝑖𝑑𝑑𝑙𝑒 π‘ β„Žπ‘œπ‘π‘  π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘šπ‘’π‘šπ‘π‘’π‘Ÿ οΌšοΌ‰

1 Like

Thank you for your comment! Although I don’t use Amazon because I live in Greece and it takes a lot of time, I’ve found websites like my favoritepostcard and Etsy.

2 Likes

π‘Œπ‘’π‘ οΌ @redroses π‘‘β„Žπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘  π‘ π‘œπ‘šπ‘’ π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘Žπ‘™π‘™π‘¦ π‘Žπ‘šπ‘Žπ‘§π‘–π‘›π‘” π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘–π‘ π‘‘π‘  π‘œπ‘› 𝑒𝑑𝑠𝑦 . π‘œπ‘›π‘’ π‘šπ‘¦ π‘“π‘Žπ‘£π‘œπ‘Ÿπ‘–π‘‘π‘’π‘  οΌ π‘‰π‘Žπ‘™π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘’π‘π‘–π‘’π‘šπ‘’π‘¦π‘’π‘Ÿπ΄π‘Ÿπ‘‘ (𝑂𝑛 𝑒𝑑𝑠𝑦)
:white_heart:

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll check them out :))