Where and What: Postcards in Australia

Card and Caboodle in the Block Arcade, Melbourne has some tourist type postcards.

1 Like

Which ones have the ‘witchy vibes’?

Cards & Stationary — Online shop handmade art Australia — . - the entire store is absolutely gorgeous looking and very witchy imo. In particular I think the Jabberwocky set has those vibes! I’m tempted to ask if they’d make some of their dragon greeting cards into postcards :open_mouth:

Hi everyone…for Postcrossers in Brisbane…the Museum has Disney postcards for 30cents from the Disney exhibition they had. I was very happy with my purchase today. Beautiful postcards.

2 Likes

Harper and Charlie have beautiful Melbourne postcards. They are around $3 each

1 Like

Cibi in Keele Street, Collingwood has Japanese art postcards.

Zoos Victoria have some very nice cards at their three locations (Parkville, Werribee and Healesville). Cards are photos of zoo animals and are $1 each or 85 cents each for Zoo members.
I’m a member and got a whole lot today while at the Parkville location.
They have an animal park up near Shepparton but I’m not sure if they sell any cards there.

2 Likes

What I’d do is the same thing as with the Xmas cards…
Buy them as they are and then cut them in the middle with a paper cutter.
Works very well.

1 Like

Some suggestions for South Australia.

In Adelaide - lovely tourist cards of different sights around Adelaide, are available at the muesum gift shop on North Terrace for $1.00 each.

Adelaide Zoo and Monarto Safari Park have several animal postcards available.

Tourist Information Centres are also a good place to look, both tourist views and postcards by local artists are often available. I can recommend Whyalla, Port Lincoln, Ceduna and the Barossa for having great ranges available.

In the Riverland I’ve found that newsagents are a good place to find postcards.

Also Australia Post outlets often stock prepaid postcards for $2.55 which include postage worldwide!

2 Likes

Hi @blazingstar The Crafty Squirrel in Ballarat was advertising they had Japanese postcards. Not cheap though $5.95 each!
https://thecraftysquirrel.com.au/

That’s the Kyabram Fauna Park, and yes they have those postcards as well. I was there this time last year … on a particularly hot day!

Thanks for the tip about the Adelaide Museum!

There is a discount book store (Read e Books?) in Rundle Mall near the Balls that has some really lovely illustrated tourist postcards from Rose Line (@rose.linco on Instagram). And most of the newsagents in the mall sell postcards but they tend to be the same as each other. The Rundle Mall post office also tends to have a good variety of prepaid postcards, with older designs showing up often too, but their maxicards are a bit more spotty (and you have to ask to see the maxicards at the counter).

I can also add Port Pirie to the list of tourist centres with postcards, and the Port Pirie Museum also had quite a few.

1 Like

Also on South Australia: The AusPost on the University of Adelaide North Terrace campus also has a variety or regular postcards (similar/the same as most nearby newsagents) and a large variety of prepaid AusPost postcards, including a bunch of old designs and Adelaide-specific designs.

1 Like

@FoTiS These are stunning! Where did you find them?

Hi,
Well I found them at my big local :postbox: postoffice :postbox: (Fremantle).
However there is a catch.
The bottom one is not a card but a paperbag, I think
The rest, are not postcards but regular cards with envelope (not prepaid) and they cost 5$ a piece.

:money_with_wings: :money_with_wings: :money_with_wings:

1 Like

Ah, still, great to know! They’re really lovely. I haven’t seen anything similar around these parts but I’ll definitely keep an eye out! Thanks :slight_smile:

Updated to here! Thanks, all :slight_smile:

Found this Aboriginal artist’s website - she sells cards of her artwork for $1.

Postage was cheap - $3.

https://artofmelaniehava.com/index.php/product-category/postcards/page/2/?count=20&paged=

7 Likes

Paradise country a small animal park on the Gold Coast had some postcards when I visited today…not cheap though

I bought a lot of nice stationery including postcards from a Melbourne based online business called Papery Things. The postcards are all under $3 each. The customer service was exceptional.

https://papery-things.square.site/