When you're writing a postcard and something goes wrong…

I use this corrector thing (I don’t know how to call it in English) :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I’d call it a correction pen.

2 Likes

I’d say correction roller.

2 Likes

It will be like “alter tape” in Chinese, but I’ve never seen this thing when studying English… I thought that “it doesn’t exist in other countries” before…:smiling_face_with_tear:

Scratch it out and move on with writing the rest of the card. Simple as that.

2 Likes

I’d use some correction tape (that’s what I call that little thing!) or some correction fluid. Sometimes I use a little piece of label, too :laughing:

But I don’t stress too much about it. Postcards are written by human beings, so a little error here or there is to be expected.

2 Likes

I generally use white-out to fix mistakes. If it’s something minor like a spelling or grammatical error I may leave it because no one is perfect, but names and addresses I want to be correct. Sometimes it takes a bit for the white-out to dry enough to write over but otherwise it works well.

I will just print or write my corrections on some paper, put double sided tape down place the paper on top, and because USPS is a “bit” rough with our cards I cover it with packing tape to secure it

I use correction tape I can refill - except the first one I bought this time because I can’t find the refill here but online.
I can also just transform the mistake when it can be done without looking like a scribble or just cross it out if I don’t have the correction tape.

About the mistakes when writing the address, correction tape again. But, on the squared shape postcard and when there are not the lines to write, I write the address on label address stickers I made with my cutting machine, so, I remove it carefully and put another one. I can put a blank sticker too.

4 Likes

These stickers are so beautiful!

1 Like

:thinking:

I’ve actually taken to writing the address in permanent pen. If I mess up, I put stickers on it. I also tend to use permanent pen more often in the summer months.

1 Like

I have a problem with my hand not always obeying my brain, resulting in a “typo.” I keep a bottle of white-out handy for such moments. It is still obvious I’ve made a correction, but i hope the recipient will not hold it against me.