When you're writing a postcard and something goes wrong…

You know that the ink gets invisible with heat?
And not only heat also as time goes by it gets more and more invisible.

5 Likes

Sadly that’s the downside, but the only time I’ve had any text disappear from heat, it was when I left letters in the car in 115 F. Also, putting the paper in the freezer for 10-15 minutes helps restore enough of the ink that’s it’s legible.

3 Likes

Given that almost every single postcard I write is not written in my mother language… Yes, I commit thousands of mistakes. And most of the postcards I receive have mistakes for the same reason.

6 Likes

I am righthanded, but I have the same problem. I usually write the address right side up, then flip the postcard 90 degrees and write the message. Maybe you can do something similar?

Earlier this year, I finished several cards and realized that I had written 2020 for the date.

I crossed it out and wrote “NO!!!” :sweat_smile:

Sometimes do the same for other errors and write “oops”.

12 Likes

I recently drew the address of a member named Olaf. As I was writing “Dear Olaf” I thought to myself “I had better not spell Olav with a ‘v’” and moments later sighed internally when I saw I had, in fact, just written Olav with a ‘v’. Since it was in permanent ink, I had no choice but to turn the ‘v’ into the wonkiest ‘f’ I’d ever seen and hope Olaf-with-an-f has a sense of humour about it.

8 Likes

Hello, Olaf-with-an-f here, and no, I didn’t think it was the least bit funny at all.

1 Like

I just cross away. I haven’t had correction tape or liquid in a long time and I tend to make a mess with them, and I have no patience so I just cross and carry on. I am unable to make things look pretty anyway so it doesn’t look that much worse than it would without that :rofl: I usually have too many things I want to write so sometimes my brain travels faster than my hand.

5 Likes

If I do a mistake, I improvise. Sometimes draw something on it, sometimes use any sticker,. washi tape or white out corector to use. If I do a mistake with address, i put over it a white label and write it again.

But when the text disappeared e. g. in a letterbox on a hot day, USPS cannot read the address and the addressee cannot read your message.

2 Likes

I use stickers on the mistake but sadly my last two postcards had a misspelling mistakes hahaha so sorry… English not my native lenguage and I feel so secure writing English that I found the mistake when I read again my message :frowning:

2 Likes

Excellent idea!!

1 Like

:joy:

[Squints suspiciously at username]

3 Likes

Nothing to be suspicious about, it’s really me, Olav. Excuse me, I mean Olaf.

5 Likes

Ha, your feeble attempt to fool me makes me Olaugh!

10 Likes

Hello, Olaf here again. “Olaugh,” is that some sort of Swiss thing?

3 Likes

Oh no, we Swiss never laugh. How many Swiss does it take to change a lightbulb?
One. We are efficient and we have no sense of humour.

17 Likes

We use liquid paper

Have you ever tried white out? That’s what I do. I have used white acrylic paint as a las resort though lol :joy:

1 Like