What's your cue to buy more cards?

I have waaayyyy to many and I keep buying more! LOL The set you just posted are awesome so I bought them! On sale AND my favorite part of Amazon Prime…free shipping :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

For me the biggest temptation really is seeing postcards in shops. Before the pandemic I rarely made it home with less than 30 new cards in my bag…

I noticed I buy a lot less cards these days where it’s only possible online.

But as I have about 3.000 in stock… I will be fine for a while! I just miss browsing so much, and the happy feeling when I stumble across something really cool unexpectedly…

9 Likes

i just visit my local post and look if theres any different freebies other than i have. i dont pay for cards :sweat_smile:

I don’t like to buy online so I’m happy that at the moment I have enough to fulfill wishes or can choose between two or three for every address I get. I think I have about 200 cards plus the ones I do out of calendars or create by myself… But I really can’t wait to go out to the shops and have a look at new ones. I’m missing this part of PC at the moment.
But here in the forum I read a few threads and got good ideas for Boxes or postcardbooks, so maybe I will call the bookshop around the corner because they are still open and you can go there and grab your order at the door.
Before the pandemic I stopped at every shop with cards and when my heart says yes, this card I would like to get I bought it.

1 Like

Being a newbie who only started sending postcards a few weeks ago (after joining but not sending anything in October), I have been getting my postcards online due to the current lockdown in the UK.

I have already purchased more boxes of postcards than I should have done. And then I recently accidentally stumbled onto a second hard bookstore online who had a bunch of Taschen postcard books from the 1990s going really cheap, so I had to buy those too (it would have been rude not to :wink:)

So in answer to the OP’s question, I have no self control, and pretty much anything is a cue for me to buy more cards… :blush:

7 Likes

Traveling
When I’m at a Post Office
When I see a great deal on line
When I am out and about and see postcards :joy:

2 Likes

I suppose I either do it because I’m getting low on certain types of cards, I myself am feeling low and want to cheer myself up, or I feel like I am allowed to treat myself for once, like after a week of exams or something.

4 Likes

I have nothing to add, this is how it goes for me exactly

I see it i want it can I afford it? That’s my cue.

6 Likes

That’s my life :rofl:
I may or may not have a self control issue… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

My issue was when stumbling across someone’s “wish list” and I dont have any cards that they want :frowning:. What I also like buying is the postcard set of 100, I find they are a really good price. I have blank cards all over the place now especially that I don’t sent often. When I run low (<10 cards) on the current cards that I have, I’ll try to stock up.

1 Like

Everywhere I go I always look/search for postcards. I often visit museums, thriftstores, souvenir shops, secondhandshops or flea markets.
I got great bargains in those places, for instance: a shoebox filled with cards (600+) for only € 10,00.
In a thriftstore I bought 250 cards with a panda ánd 250 cards with orangutans for € 2,00.
I have almost 10,000 cards in stock right now. In that way I have enough cards to choose a card for the adress, that I receive every time I send cards.
I also buy cards online: catawiki.com ; wish.com ;; shein.com

4 Likes

Oh my, my collection is too small compared with yours :rofl: . I need to stop watching this topic before I can’t stand buying hundreds of postcards online :rofl: .

But I just started postcrossing less than a month, though I have sent 25 postcards :crazy_face:… I have a feeling that postcrossing will be a lifelong hobby for me. :grinning:Anyway, postcards I have are most bought long time ago, and I think I will buy more when I feel like it.

3 Likes

I purchase new cards whenever I feel that I’m running low on what I have, giving myself a bit of time to account for shipping and sourcing delays.

I recently bought myself another 90 postcards when my handy box of 100 was getting closer to 20. When I get down to a couple of touristic cards, I’ll go out and replenish that - though I don’t tend to send those as often.

Staying at around ~100, maybe 200 in stock is a good place for me, but anything more than that is a bit much for me.

I keep 2 binders with postcards in protectors with only the image side showing. The protectors are made to hold postcard size things so I can fit 3 in some and 2 in othrers. I double it to hold 6 (views facing out on each side) or 4. When I start to have “holes” in my binders that I can’t fill with postcards that are living under the binders, it’s time for new cards.

Of course if I am travelling somewhere and there are cards to buy or I’m at the used bookstore and they have new cards in stock or…I try to rotate these into the binder as I send out others.

1 Like

My cue to buy more cards is a wild idea that I need a postcard. I was suddenly seized by the desire to have a potato-shaped postcard. Hours of googling later, I still have not found one … but I found a nice set of standard size photo postcards of potatoes. :potato:
So the next person with “potato” on their wishlist gets a lovely spud. If only I had a potato postage stamp…

7 Likes

My criteria: Waking up in the morning.

8 Likes

Whenever I run low on certain cards or when I get an email about new cards available in certain shops, or when I’m bored and am just browsing around :joy:

1 Like

This made me laugh out loud.
Payday is a dangerous time for me.

1 Like

Love these! Off the wall is always my favourite.

1 Like