Whats Unique about your local post office

Unique…probably the worst service.

My post office today. It’s a busy place most of the time and all 4 clerks are wonderful and I appreciate each of them!

Really
That’s amazing

I only visit the post office to buy stamps because our mail is delivered to our homes here for free. Also, there are mailboxes on every other corner for outgoing mail.

I do not find visiting the post office to be especially pleasant. While there is almost no one else there when I go, the workers still act like it’s a chore to serve me. I don’t think it’s personal; that’s just the way they come across.

Although I usually use another one because it’s closer to shopping, technically the closest post office to my house is in Christmas, Florida. It’s always decorated for Christmas no matter what time of year. Sorry for bad quality of pictures!

3 Likes

(UAE) In addition to the well-known services, I can pick up my renewed ID card and resident visa here.
Postmen do not deliver correspondence here for free. To receive my private correspondence, I rent a post office box and come here every few days. The staff is very polite, they remember me when they have new stamps issued :slight_smile:
I love the separate waiting areas for women here, although I’ve never seen crowds here.

Mail box for the special postmark in the main post office in Helsinki. (Near the main railway station.)
It is not my local post office, but I like to use this mail box.

2 Likes

The closest post office to my house is tiny and usually crowded. Nevertheless, the employees are always warm and caring with me. We talk a lot about stamps, mail service and even politics. They all know who I am, since I’m probably the only customer there who send postcards. :joy: And they love to see all the stamps I buy at philatelic stores. :slightly_smiling_face:

P.S.: Since Brazilian postal service is part of the federal government, it’s not allowed to take pictures inside the post offices.

1 Like

My local post office is a small one run by one person, Claire. Although Claire sells packaging she is a keen recycler so she saves boxes and bubble wrap etc for me. I walk to the post office nearly every day and often walk home carrying a large box. It looks very impressive but as it is usually full of bubble wrap is very easy to carry.
Claire started working in the Post Office last year. We have become friends and gave each other a Christmas present. We only just recently saw each others faces as we had been wearing masks whenever we met.
(in case you wonder why I collect bubble wrap, which would be weird, I don’t keep it but use it when I post things I’ve made with glass)

3 Likes