What's the rarest country you've sent to officially?

Macao

1 Like

Algeria

Aruba

Bangladesh

Brunei

Costa Rica

Ecuador

French Polynesia

Georgia

Guatemala

Laos

Mauritius

Namibia

Nepal

Nicaragua

Northern Marina Islands

Panama

Peru

Qatar

Reunion

Tanzania

Trinidad and Tobago

Uruguay

Vietnam

2 Likes

Guam
11 days, 7872 miles to US

Is it really rare?? I think a little bit!

Guernsey

2 Likes

Yes, Iā€™d say so! Congratulations!

1 Like

I sent this one to Cyprus

And I was pleasantly surprised to find this one from Bangladesh in my mailbox.

I have the repeated contries option on, so I basically send postcards only to Russia, Germany and USA as you can see:

But when I joined Postcrossing, I had this option off and was able to send postcards to other countries, like Bulgaria. :slightly_smiling_face:

The rarest one Iā€™ve ever sent was to Spain :es: which I was exited about because my entire family are from there and live thereā€¦but the person that received my postcard is originally from Belarus so I couldnā€™t really relate to as a Spaniard but it was a good feeling that I got to send one there though

I have a travelling card to Slovenia and one to Estonia at the moment.

1 Like

2 years ago i sent an official postcard to malta, but it never arrived :sob:
i usually donā€™t send a second postcard, but as it was a rare country i decided to send a second postcard after 300 days, but this second postcard got lost too :sob:
the receiver was still active

Iā€™m not sure how to tell which is the rarest.

I think the simplest is by the postcard code. Lower number=rarer country. So I supposed you can look at the postcard codes of the person you are sending to.

Thanks for the tip. I also discovered I could just click on the countries in my sent list and it would take me to their stat page which says how many postcards have been sent. Judging by that, the United Kingdom is the rarest country Iā€™ve officially sent a card to that has been registered.

1 Like

For me, the rarest country Iā€™ve sent a card to was Malta.

You can look at explore countries on the main site and then sort by cards sent:

I usually have repeated countries on, but occasionally Iā€™ll turn it off. Looks like so far itā€™s Switzerland for me.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good trick. Thanks.

1 Like

Yay! Iā€™m happy to see that Iā€™ve been the recipient of one of the cards in this thread! :smiley:
I have the great joy of being a Postcrosser in a ā€œrareā€ country.

The rarest Iā€™ve sent to are Trinidad and Tobago (in Travel Mode) and Guernsey (from home).

The rarest I received from is Christmas Island!!

I currently have one traveling to Kenya which I really hope gets registered. From one African country to another feels very rare to me!

6 Likes

:central_african_republic:

1 Like

I think Mauritius is my rarest sent, back in 2014

https://www.postcrossing.com/postcards/US-2840324

I just received one from Guam last week

https://www.postcrossing.com/postcards/GU-3265

3 Likes