What stamps do you use on postcards/letters? Show us!

Again some German stamps from pre-ugly-qr-code-times…

15 Likes

15 Likes

Today was another old meets new, use lots of stamps kind of day …

14 Likes

Today I drew an address for someone with Spongebob postcards on their wishlist.

Back in 2013 Nickelodeon and the USPS partnered for the Spongebob Mailpants campaign which included giving out these prepaid postcards for people to mail.
The barcode below the image is called an intelligent mail barcode and is used for many things, and tracking postage payment is just one of them. When Hallmark added these to prepaid greeting card envelopes, they had to pay the USPS 50% of the postage price upfront and the other 50% when the card was actually mailed. The intelligent mail barcode on each envelope is what enabled the USPS to keep track of how many were mailed and how much money to invoice Hallmark for to cover the postage. I don’t know for sure but I assume something similar might be going on with this pre-paid postcard from Nickelodeon.
Enjoy this photo of a Spongebob prepaid postage endicia, which is almost a stamp, and a fun history lesson about the USPS!

11 Likes

Cat faux postage stamp is from a giveaway by Portland Stamp Company.

4 Likes

10 Likes

I hope there’s a 5-cent stamp on each card that we aren’t seeing, otherwise all the cards are underpaid by a bit (the domestic forever stamp is 2,50€ and international priority 2,75€ so you need to add 0,25€, not 0,20€ like before the latest price hike).

6 Likes

11 Likes

Stamps of the last 2 weeks

8 Likes

Recent outgoings

We Indian postcrossers had fun race for IN-600000 ,and i drawed many addresses on main postcrossing site after a while, thank you so much all:)
Using the pretty Mahabharat stamps :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

And this week’s stamps

9 Likes

15 Likes

19 Likes

Used today new release stamps with special postmark. 100th Anniversary of Johor Causeway. (Joint Issue Malaysia - Singapore)

9 Likes

6 Likes

Can I just say, your postmark looks so much cleaner than ours…

3 Likes

Yesterday’s outgoings…

8 Likes

Stamps from Albania :albania:

11 Likes

13 Likes