What stamp artists/designers should I interview?

Hi! I have a blog where, among other things, I interview postcard and postage stamp artists about their artistic process. (I don’t make money off this - it’s just a hobby that I do as a service for the Postcrossing community)

Do you have recommendations for stamp artists you’d like to learn about, or countries you’d like to see represented? So far I have artists from US, UK, Singapore, and Australia on my docket.

Thank you in advance for your ideas!!!

Thank you!

4 Likes

If you want to interview someone from India, please have @peeveeads

Great postcard series, you can have a look here

3 Likes

Please interview Doodle ni Maria. She is an illustrator in the Philippines who recently collaborated with other postcard artists.

Instagram account below:

2 Likes

He has a nice collection of cards that he offers on his site. And I believe he runs his business out of his home. I would like to know more about him.

2 Likes

You should interview a Malaysian artist - one is Red Hongyi who made our covid-19 frontliner tribute stamps using cut up stamps.

1 Like

May I suggest Hornbill Postcards
@Kah_Yang @Christina_LJH

2 Likes

I would love an interview with Toshinori Mori, the Japanese illustrator and designer renowned for his captivating work in the beloved Tabineko series. I love his work, and I bet other Postcrossers do too!

https://www.tabi-neko.info/作者profile/

1 Like

Maybe this artist, who photographed the USPS heritage breed stamps. She sells postcards too

1 Like

I think this suggestion will perhaps be a little difficult to follow up on… but I’d love to see an interview with Jaromír and Libuše Knotkovi, a husband-wife wildlife illustrator duo, who are responsible for many of Czech Republic’s iconic nature stamps, like these:

4 Likes

Dr Mark Witton of University of Portsmouth

who’s artwork of pterosaurs (dinosaurs) featured on UK royal mail stamps.

1 Like

What about the Belgian artist Andre Buzin? He has designed a number of bird stamps for Belgium Post.

1 Like

I really like the style of Egil Nyhus from Norway.

!

1 Like